Nigeria : Homophobia in Nigeria, Uganda, Malawi And Over-sexed South Africa

The national religion in Benin is Voudun, and the people of Benin had to fight the Western brainwashed government for this right.

:10500:Is that the majority religion of the continent?

:em0200:

:10500:Is that the majority religion of the continent?

I think you already know the answer to that question. Islam and Christianity are not African religions.. the original spiritual tradition of each region/ethnic group in Africa are is still practiced today. As i said, i have yet to run across a NATIVE tradition which advocates the killing of gays.

Homophobia came with the introduction of Christianity and Islam.. most if not all African leaders/lawmakers are educated in Europe or America, and are staunch ''Christians' or 'Muslims' so therein lies the problem.

I think you already know the answer to that question. Islam and Christianity are not African religions.. the original spiritual tradition of each region/ethnic group in Africa are is still practiced today. As i said, i have yet to run across a NATIVE tradition which advocates the killing of gays.

Homophobia came with the introduction of Christianity and Islam.. most if not all African leaders/lawmakers are educated in Europe or America, and are staunch ''Christians' or 'Muslims' so therein lies the problem.

It was there statement that prior to colonialization, being gay was not tolerated

Right - as always I've arrived late at this thread, but going back to the original post it does seem a waste of energy and resources to persecute gays / lesbians rather than use the money for something that would benefit all the people of these countries. Now I have no knowledge really of what muslims believe about this, but I was brought up as a christian and it is recognized as being something wrong in that religion, but so is envy and theft and not worshipping god and lots of other things, but for some reason people get themselves completely worked up over this sex thing. Is this homophobia based on some sort of belief that its some kind of disease that can be caught off someone else? But is it any more likely you could contract homosexuality than that you could contract sloth or pride or any other sin. Now I must admit that me personally find the whole homosexual act itself as quite horrible to even think about and totally unnatural, but I don't feel any need to treat the people who do this in any different way to anyone else. Nothing in christianity as I've been taught it tells me I should love my brother UNLESS he is gay. These people must be like this for a reason - maybe something that happened to them as a child or whatever - and I can't look upon myself as being superior to them just cause when my hormones started working I found myself attracted to boys - it wasn't like any conscious decision I made.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back