Black People : Homophobia in Nigeria, Uganda, Malawi And Over-sexed South Africa

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Amnat77, May 4, 2010.

1. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Written by Paul I. Adujie

Why is it so important for Nigeria, Uganda and now, Malawi to squander public resources in the repression of homosexuals and lesbians citizens within these African nations? It is just astonishing that some African nations focus on the persecution of homosexuals, gays and lesbians, instead of the more important focus on continental development.

Why is it that political and religious leaders in these nations seem to see or interpret homosexual and lesbians sexual preferences and practices as if more of existential threats and or, inimical to the pursuits of health, wealth and happiness than say, malaria, AIDS, unemployment, unclean water, broken and decrepit public infrastructures?

I am a heterosexual male and I do not believe that my sexual preference makes me remarkable.

Besides, I also believe in the Human Rights of all persons regardless of such persons’ sexual preferences. I, We, Nigerians, Ugandans, South Africans, Malawians, Americans or anyone for that matter, do not have to have the same sexual interests or preferences as a basis or predicate for advocating the rights of others, others, who are unlike us.

I strongly believe that Nigerians, South Africans, Ugandans and Malawians and others, should be able to advocate the rights of homosexuals and lesbians citizens amongst us, even if we are decidedly heterosexuals. Just the same way in which we may be able to recognize the rights of others to practice their choice of preferred religion, even if we ourselves are of a different religious faith or are faithless, agnostic or atheists ourselves. We ought to be able to accept homosexuals, gays and lesbians without making value judgments or some sorts of dogmatic and judgmental moral condemnations of gays and lesbians, based upon or predicated on our moral certainty or religious “superiority”

I am quite at a loss when I listen the vehemence and stridency, with which some Nigerians, some South Africans, some Ugandans, some Malawians etc, talk, discuss, and in fact, attack gays and lesbians within our nations.

http://adujie-writings.blogspot.com/2010/03/homophobia-in-nigeria-uganda-malawi-and.html

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    i don't understand it myself. perhaps its the reaction of insecure people?

3. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    I have no idea. The Ugandan government is in the process of passing a law that makes homosexuality a crime punishable by death, It's like are we going forward or backward?

4. Seneb

Seneb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,187
    We are at war,most of us are unable to understand that.

The author is right there is more important issues in Africa than homosexuality,his article is an example of such loss of time.

Im sorry and i don't want to offend anyone,but homosexuality have no place amongst african/black societies.Our societies have always forbidden this practice.And please don't give me individual example like "gatekeepers" or "vodu priest",im talking about the whole society in general who have never and do not accept homosexuality.

On the other side,European society have always accept that thing,it was even encouraged,it was christianity who outlawed this thing,but now that chritiandom is falling the white man can live it's love for freaky things openly.And it's all good,if want to do so.

Now,they have no right to come in our countries and say to us that we are "homophobic".This is your thing not our thing,no matter what they and their zombie negroes can say.We can't cry because they rob us of our spiritualities,our morals and on the other hand say it's cool to be gay,because what you are witnessing is cultural imperialism.

Many european nations are working to ban islamic veil,the burqua.In all objectivity they have the right to do this,because they are defending their culture.And i can tell you that they view african polygamy as something disgusting,they want to end that stuff too.And here again they have the right.But then,how in the hell they come in our lands and tell us what is good and what is evil?

To sum up,european have the right to outlawed things that are not europeans.And Nigeria, Uganda and Malawi have the right to banished things that they consider un-african!

Im against gay bashing,but this is not a reason to let this cultural imperialism goes on.

5. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    The writer is African.

6. Seneb

Ratings:
    +1,187
    I know that's why i say "they" and their "zombie negroes".

7. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Doubt he is one of the ''zombie negroes''

''Why have Mr. Mandela, Mr. Thabo Mbeki and now Mr. Jacob Zuma neglected to focus on addressing and redressing the disparities and lopsidedness of political and economic power distribution in South Africa? Why has land redistribution in South Africa dealt with? Have Black political leaders in South African been afraid of being labeled and tarnished in the same ways as President Mugabe of Zimbabwe? President Mugabe obviously fell out of favor, after his partners to the pre-independence Lancaster House Agreement neglected to follow through with promises to fund and support land redistribution, and proceeded to castigate Mr. Mugabe, who for public purpose and his personal cover as well, belatedly, pursued land redistribution in Zimbabwe, where one percent of the white minority controlled ninety five percent of the entire land of Zimbabwe.''

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    kill gay people?

i don't think you are

backward

maybe a little imperialism is not so bad if it helps you join the 21th century

9. Seneb

Ratings:
    +1,187
    so i apologize then,but his article is giving strength to western imperialism,he should know that western medias portrayed President Mugabe as an "homophobic".

10. Seneb

Ratings:
    +1,187

okay.....because i don't accept the european liefestyle im old fashioned ?You right,im not of this great century of advancements and of high morals where homeless are dying in the streets like animals,where millions of people are killed every years for the $$$$$$.
    For the record,another practice was tolerated in Europe:pedophilia.In this great 21 century where children are adult around 13,it will not surprise me to see in the next decades,little girls or boys in relationship with 50 years old men or women,as there is some pedophile associations in Northern Europe who worked for pedo rights...I guess people like you will say "it's the 21th century,we have to evolve".....Fortunately this society is in a process of self destruction,fortunately...