Black People : Homo...Sapians? No... Phobia.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by NDeep, Jun 29, 2006.

1. NDeep

NDeep Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm doing some research on the matter of homophobia in the Black community and wanted to collect some opinions on the matter.

So, let me set up a few scenerios...

"Please don’t bring up that girl to me anymore."
    "She is my best friend. All I said was that she decorated my place. What is your problem with her."
    "I told you I don’t want to talk about it."
    "Don’t bring your homophobia in my house (under her breath)"
    "What did you say?"
    "I said don’t bring your ho-mo-phobia in my house."
    "Ain’t nobody scared of gay folk. I just don’t agree with her lifestyle. It’s wrong."
    "Her lifestyle? So you don’t agree with her owning a successful business; her paying her mortgage; her taxes; her going to the grocery store; her washing her car; her getting her oil changed… Her f*ing lifestyle? She does every thing you do, everything I do; including falling in love. How the hell is her lifestyle any different from anyone else’s?"

--------

"Look."
    "What?"
    "You see those two girls over there?"
    "Yeah"
    "They're dating."
    "Um, ok, that's nice. Really, none of my business."
    "I was just saying"
    "It's cool."
    "You not with that, huh?"
    "With what?"
    "You know. Personally, I don't agree with their lifestyle, but I mean gay guys make great friends, they say."
    "Oh. Ok. I probably would not have put it quite like that."
    "I mean, I feel like those people.."
    "Those people?"
    "Yeah, gays."
    "You should be careful about your word and euphimism choice. You might be offending someone."
    ---
    Questions for thought:

There is some dissonance about the word "homophobia." In your opinion, what is homophobia?

Are you guilty of being homophobic? Would you be offended for being called a "homophobic?"

Are Black people more likely to be homophobic than other ethnic groups? Either way, is that a fair assumption to make--that Black people are more or less likely to be homophobic?

Do you have a relationship with an individual who self identify as member of the LGBTQ (lesbian gay bi-sexual trans queer) community? If so, how has that relationship changed your view or conception of others in the community?

Happy Postin'

2. charity2

charity2 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Homophobic means you treat people who are involved in same- sex relationships different to other people in a nutshell you discriminate.

No i dont think i'm homophobic, and i would not be offended if someone stated i was. I would however be curious to how they came to that assumption.

i cant speak for all black people but there was a time when i truly belived 'lesbian, gay activities etc ' was something white people did LOL, i was truly shocked when i discovered this was not the case...

i have met various people who are gay some through work, college...yes it changed my perception of the "lifestyles" and projected image of what i thought gay people were like. It was a slow learning experience for me, my perceptions were wrong. The more people i encountered the more those ideas were challenged. Even so i still would not have categorised myself in the past as homophobic, but ignorant on the basis of limited contact and knowledge. There were no barriers to acceptance, when the opportunity to mix in various social settings presented it self.

3. Sefirot

Sefirot Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +14
    It is the case. It NEVER existed in our culture until we chose to adopt them, and their ways and were forced to accept their spirits (rape of our Women).

White men had enough problems leaving the cave for long periods of time to supply (raw) food for himself. Then he figured that if he wanted to enjoy the sexual stimulation provided by his mate, then he would have to bring food back to the cave in order to satiate her as well.

Then he discovered that when he copulated with her, she would give birth to yet another mouth to feed. So the men would share one woman (orgies), so as to alleviate the burden. Then they figured that they didn't need the woman at all. They could go out and mate with other men and man-kind's best friend (dogs).

It's a difference of a Spiritual identification. The woman, to Blacks, has always been the feminine principle manifested in form. We had sexual intercourse to open the vortex in order to create life. And doing so felt good. Whites do it out of sexual aggression. A beast-like mentality. Nothing natural at all. For they ARE NOT natural. Now it's far less about spirituality and has everything to do with emotional gratification. We are swiftly becoming just as sick as they.

4. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

Unless you have 100 percent proof of something I wouldn't say never ....from what I've read homosexuality exists in every culture and ethnicity.......now to the other question I am homophobic...I don't like being around them if I can help it and refuse to have them as potnas.......I don't believe in men being trapped in women's bodies or visa versa......I don't call men who've had the operation to become a woman her...to me it's still a man.....I'm not tolerant and or accepting ...I think there's something wrong with all homosexuals, transgenders, cross dressers,and any other classification that can be brought up.......do I mind being called homophobic...nah...it's the truth.......I've never known any person on a real close level like that to say they changed my view of homosexuality...............I don't even have potnas...(men) that act feminine............I hate gay pride parades, the gay endoctrinition of boys in school and gay men and or women that adopt kids........there's a reason they can't reproduce .....call me what ya want .....that's one of the things I won't ever bend on........yes suh..

MississippiRed
    aka
    DirtyWork.......

5. Sefirot

Sefirot Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +14
    And that's exactly what they would have us to believe in order to validate their own pathologic behavior.
    I have never been anything less than what I am, yet I can provide no empirical proof.
    However, there is absolutely no proof to even suggest that there was homosexuality prior to white influence.

6. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I've never heard this before.
    Yes we are becoming just as sick!
    Why? I'm not sure

7. Sami_RaMaati

Sami_RaMaati Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +243
    Homophobia is a self-serving term coined by the white homosexual community to make those of us who know and understand that homosexuality is abnormal and unnatural feel like there is something wrong with US for feeling the way we do. Within the logic of their culture, to be homophobic is to be ignorant, backward, intolerant, irrational and out of touch with reality. We have the option of accepting this self serving term and definition of "homophobia" or rejecting it. I choose the latter. I've been called "homophobic" before. It's a label I wear as a badge of honor.
    Black people still retain some ancestral memory of homosexuality being abnormal and against the natural universal order. For this we have been collectively labeled with the contrived, self-serving term "homophobic." Again, if that's what they want to think then let them think it. As long as we remain true to our ancestral knowledge of what is and is not abnormal we don't have to concern ourselves about what they think about us.

In the final analysis, whether black people are considered homophobic by a bunch of self serving white gays and lesbians is irrelevant.

I have a couple of family members who are lesbian and a brother (now deceased) who was a homosexual. It hasn't changed my conception or view of others who have relationships with members of the same sex.

As a people, we need to examine closely how white people use language generally as a weapon of control and expose and reject "homophobic" for the self serving, manipulative term that it is. In other words, we need to stop blindly using that word as if it were a credible designation of a particular mindset.

The white community has known from day one how to control black peoples' behavior and attitudes through the use of language (e.g., "homophobic", "black racism" etc). We'd best get a clue that "homophobic" is yet another of the rhetorical devices they employ to control us and our way of thinking. Their ultimate goal is to make the black community homosexual friendly. To this end, they have launched a political and cultural assault on us. Labeling anybody who disagrees with their sexual perversion is part of the assault.

8. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Hello Sam!

9. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128

I am very offended at being called that. I dont fear them. Moreover, there is over 5000 years of religious dogma and social norms against homosexuality. I think they are heterophobic

10. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!