Homeless BROTHERS in the NATION keeps GROWING

I don't see where this zoning issue fits into the discussion at hand on homelessness, dustyelbow. Zoning is not an autocratic process. Property owners vote on what is and is not allowed in certain areas. It's never as simple as black and white. I don't know of any white communities, I do know of many black one's though. The problem with the black community is that the residents don't own the properties there. The investors do, and since they are not living there, they don't always have the same concerns as the residents who live there do. The investor's also get to vote on rather or not a liquor store or other kind of business, will get a license to operate there or not. They might be one and the same person. I am a multiple property owner in the black community, so I get to vote on such proposals. Most black's don't get to vote on anything such as this. Black folks are not all alcoholics, but the liquor stores are within walking distance, because the zoning laws allow for it..

In residential areas, liquor stores are not within walking distance, but easily within driving distance. The stores look more like plaza's than stores, they are much larger than the one's in the "hood". Those resident usually buy in bulk and spend hundreds of dollars in one trip. Those residents own more cars and can get to a liquor store by driving in minutes. If you check in those areas, the liquor store lines are out the door and around the block. In other words, they do more drinking than the folks in the "hood". There is probably more liquor sold by volumn in the "burbs", than anywhere else. More alcoholics too.

There are plenty of people who say that black folks shouldn't work for the government. You pointed out in your reply several reasons why black folks definitely need to be involved in government, the control we need lies there, not on the corner protesting.

You made reference to the problem of sharing resources. The main resource that is available and not being utilized is the free education and library system. Many of the kid's selling drugs on the corners have the kinds of skills necessary to operate a legitimate business, it just never dawns on them to do so, because someone has told them it's more lucrative to sell drugs. They can also find jobs in the private sector. They don't because they lack the know how and exposure, they need to see what the possibilities are. They are unlimited, they just need to believe in themselves first.

You asked why is the so called white community cleaner than the black community?. It has to do with the pride of ownership. Most whites own their own homes. Property owner tend to take care of them. Property owners are investors and want to see their property appreciate in value. This is not true of tenants, which most in the black community are. In private developments such as the one I live in, there are no government services such as water, trash collection or street cleaning, these are the owner's responsibility and expense. If a property owner neglects his property, someone might call code enforcement. Code enforcement can cite a owner for high grass, trash in yard, abandoned vehicles etc. If compliance is not met, the owner can be fined and/or arrested. The same applies in the black community, but the owner interest is not usually there.

There's no need for a race war that you eluded to. Black folk are at war with each other, that in itself is enough of a war. Most people in the world want to come here and live and propsper. Why don't our people?

Fellas-

Another Good resource synonymous to some of the subject matter indicated in this thread is the Book Savage Inequalities by Jonathan Kozol.

...You talk about White folks living well while Black folks sleep in poison...the [State] Politicians could care less how Black folks are living in many cities.

KD

mrron said:
I don't see where this zoning issue fits into the discussion at hand on homelessness, dustyelbow. Zoning is not an autocratic process. Property owners vote on what is and is not allowed in certain areas. It's never as simple as black and white. I don't know of any white communities, I do know of many black one's though.

It has a great deal to do with HOMELESSNESS. Zoning is how the CITY make MONEY off the COMMUNITY. It is also used to give us HEALTH PROBLEMS which become FINANCIAL PROBLEMS later ON and we FIND OURSELVES OUTSIDE without HOUSE and HOME.

PROPERTY OWNERS do not vote on EVERYTHING.

I have DWELLED on occasions with HOMELESS PEOPLE and I listen to their STORY.

Not that it MATTERS.

If we look at the HURRICANE KATRINA STORY and see which neighborhoods got REBUILT FIRST we see that the HISTORICAL DISTRICTS got all the ATTENTION .

Being declared as a HISTORICAL AREA entitles that COMMUNITY to federal DOLLARS and TAX BREAKS which I will post the LINKS for at a NEAR TERM matter. (they are on another COMPUTER than the one I am at now)

That FEDERAL MONEY can be FUNNELED into ANYTHING.

I will certainly delve DEEPER into this matter because I THINK the community needs to UNDERSTAND the WORLD they live in.

mrron said:
The problem with the black community is that the residents don't own the properties there. The investors do, and since they are not living there, they don't always have the same concerns as the residents who live there do. The investor's also get to vote on rather or not a liquor store or other kind of business, will get a license to operate there or not. They might be one and the same person. I am a multiple property owner in the black community, so I get to vote on such proposals. Most black's don't get to vote on anything such as this. Black folks are not all alcoholics, but the liquor stores are within walking distance, because the zoning laws allow for it.

In residential areas, liquor stores are not within walking distance, but easily within driving distance. The stores look more like plaza's than stores, they are much larger than the one's in the "hood". Those resident usually buy in bulk and spend hundreds of dollars in one trip. Those residents own more cars and can get to a liquor store by driving in minutes. If you check in those areas, the liquor store lines are out the door and around the block. In other words, they do more drinking than the folks in the "hood". There is probably more liquor sold by volumn in the "burbs", than anywhere else. More alcoholics too.

There are plenty of people who say that black folks shouldn't work for the government. You pointed out in your reply several reasons why black folks definitely need to be involved in government, the control we need lies there, not on the corner protesting.

You made reference to the problem of sharing resources. The main resource that is available and not being utilized is the free education and library system. Many of the kid's selling drugs on the corners have the kinds of skills necessary to operate a legitimate business, it just never dawns on them to do so, because someone has told them it's more lucrative to sell drugs. They can also find jobs in the private sector. They don't because they lack the know how and exposure, they need to see what the possibilities are. They are unlimited, they just need to believe in themselves first.

Certainly this one requires more feedback. I would say that in my GRANDPARENTS area who own PROPERTY the CITY has given the POLICE AUTHORITY to ENTER those PROPERTIES without a SEARCH WARRANT.
They have posted OFFICIAL SIGNS indicating that this PROPERTY is UNDER the JURISTICTION of the CITY. This is a CASE that YEAH our PEOPLE own PROPERTY but they cannot EXERCISE CONTROL in a SENSE. They have been ESSENTIALLY ROBBED of this PRIVELDGE.

Also there are some of our people HOMELESS because of THIS. Meaning their INHERITANCE was TAKEN from them DECEPTIVELY.

But I will come back to CLARIFY this a BIT MORE.

mrron said:
You asked why is the so called white community cleaner than the black community?. It has to do with the pride of ownership. Most whites own their own homes. Property owner tend to take care of them. Property owners are investors and want to see their property appreciate in value. This is not true of tenants, which most in the black community are. In private developments such as the one I live in, there are no government services such as water, trash collection or street cleaning, these are the owner's responsibility and expense. If a property owner neglects his property, someone might call code enforcement. Code enforcement can cite a owner for high grass, trash in yard, abandoned vehicles etc. If compliance is not met, the owner can be fined and/or arrested. The same applies in the black community, but the owner interest is not usually there.

I dont think WHITE HOMEOWNERS take PRIDE any less than BLACK HOMEOWNERS. My grandparents have PROPERTY in a DECLARED MIXED USE area without their VOTE by the CITY and their PHYSICAL is long GONE from the EARTH. When I went to visit the PROPERTY I saw DUMPING of OLD HOUSING WOOD and BRICKS in the NEIGHBORHOOD. I did not see a GUTTED BUILDING in the NEIGHBORHOOD. Where did this come from? I remember my GRANDPARENTS and their NEIGHBORS would BURN any FREE LUMBER WOOD and TRASH in the backyard thus having the COMMUNITY almost LITTER FREE. That's how I REMEMBER it when I was growing UP. Now I see all kinds of INDUSTRIAL to RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE in every area. And the CITY is not DOING HARDLY ANYTHING.

Then they use our YOUTHFUL ENERGY to KEEP them PROFITING instead of PROFITTING US in the RANKS.

Our community has become DUMPING GROUNDS for all KINDS of TIRES POLLUTIONS ETC ETC. Which tranlate into POTENTIAL HEALTH PROBLEMS. I know we add to our OWN but it is MORE than THAT I SEE.

If we had that FEDERAL HISTORIC DECLARATION we would not be a TARGET for this type.

But its better for me to SHOW HOW a CITY can MANIPULATE things.

Litter and its cost is piling up for Suffolk
In July, Suffolk took over maintenance of the city's roads from the Virginia Department of Transportation, which had contracted with a company to mow and pick up litter four times a year for $101,000.

City officials, knowing they would get more state money if the city took over the roads, and believing Suffolk could do more with that money than VDOT, voted to take over 1,480 miles of road.

The roads became reclassified as urban, rather than rural, which meant the roads were more heavily traveled and required more maintenance. As a result, state funding to Suffolk increased to $15.1 million from $7.2 million.

King said the city stepped up litter removal efforts, more than tripling the number of cleanups since taking over.

There's no need for a race war that you eluded to. Black folk are at war with each other, that in itself is enough of a war. Most people in the world want to come here and live and propsper. Why don't our people?

I dont think BLACK FOLKS are at WAR with each other, I just think we just CHOOSE not to DWELL with one another because STANDARDS have shifted to another COMMUNITY. I see the BLACK MIDDLE INCOME PEOPLE appear to do very WELL and fit quite nicely into the MIX of other COMMUNITY. They just feel ESTRANGED when seeing us in MASSES and being RUNDOWN by all TYPES of THINGS. I dont see POOR BLACKS destroying MIDDLE and UPPER CLASS black people. That's WAR. But I do see MIDDLE CLASS and UPPER CLASS black folks running away from the MACK TRUCK that run over the POORER ONES. So there is not MASS DEATHS from my viewpoint to say its WAR. Certainly we have alot of RUNAWAYS or DESERTERS.

I do see GREATER SOCIETY clamping DOWN on US though. Which sooner or later somebody will PULL that TRIGGER and WAR will certainly COMMENCE.

Most people in the WORLD that come here to LIVE but they dont PROSPER from my PERSPECTIVE. They live a DESIGNATED SEGREGATED EXISTANCE. Ruthless WHITE set it up that WAY. The DEMANDS on the IMMIGRANT PEOPLE of the WORLD will break their BACKS in NO TIME FLAT. Having relatives from AFAR using you as a GOLDEN CALF can destroy the FITTEST MIND. That's BONDAGE and they dont see themselves EVER RETIRING. They do see themselves EVER PLOTTING. That too TAKES a TOLL. And worst of ALL MOST have DREAMS of RETURNING but ONCE they are HERE they CANNOT RETURN BACK for some KNOWN REASON. Even if they are RICH.

I have heard the SAME STORY ENOUGH to say this is not a STROKE of BAD LUCK.

But I talk MYSTERIES.

They too are a SOURCE to make MONEY for GOVERNMENT and BUSINESSES.

Coming back to this

but

Oh well.

Dystyelbow, it's unfortunate that you see everything as the white man clamping down on black people in some subversive and inconspicuous way. I've lived in several cities, and I've never heard of regulations that target people by race. In high crime areas the police need more authority to arrest people, and that applies to high crime areas that are predominantly white also.

Property rights are not usurped by the authorities unless the property is abandoned and or a hazard, in which case it would be licenses and Inspections that has the authority to enter property without a warrant. If a building is about to collapse or is on fire there wouldn't be enough time to get a warrant, but again that is not a black and white issue, it's a building code issue.

Blacks who move out of the black community are not abandoning anything. They are simply exercising their right to the pursuit of happiness, guaranteed by the constitution. When one has money to invest and wish to locate to a more prosperous area and gain access to a better school district and lower crime rate and better resources, they tend to move to more affluent neighborhoods, which these days are almost always integrated. We fought for these rights during the civil rights movement. Most investors would like to see their investment appreciate in value, so it is necessary to leave the old neighborhood behind in order to do this. Many blacks, such as myself, have friends of all races, so we don't discriminate, based on race.

Italian, Spanish, German, Asian etc., all live in neighborhoods that are mixed with business and residential. Where did you get this idea that black neighborhoods have a monopoly on this?

You said you talk mysteries, I suggest that you create mysteries where there are none. The fact is the black race is not a monolith. We are going our separate ways, because we are all individuals not beholding to any one elses ideals. Those that wish to remain stuck in the past, can certainly do so without challenge. We now have people working in all walks of life, you should learn to appreciate that. Stop looking over your shoulders, look forward, no one is out to get you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back