Black Spirituality Religion : Holy Wars

I don't buy any of the allegory "according to the word of man" (eg. biblical text, koran, quran).

What does your response have to do with the Black African Amazon Women who protected the Mother Right of the GODDESS!

peace

It has to do with the fact that the black woman has purposely been neglected by 'man' as a way of trying to reduce her power, if you will. In your opening statement you defined 'holy', so all i did was take that word and it's meaning and applied it to Mary of the bible to show how she, or her role in supposedly giving birth to the 'son of god' was also reduced.

Mary would have also been considered a goddess or a Divine African Mother since she was 'holy', correct?

"...Nonetheless, though the Jews and Christians were feuding rivals, it was in both their interest to suppress the prophetic power, influence and worship of the Divine African Mother..." -- "The Sibyls" by Vivian Hunter-Hindrew, page 90.

The question of the GODDESS being unable/unwilling to protect her daughters during that point in time is moot -- since future daughters arose to circumvent the devastating loss of the Mighty Amazon Women who had originally been there to protect the "Mother Right".

Therefore, this moot point will not help "us" to avoid future mistakes unless you or some other brilliant person has a plan to change or reverse world Patriarchy back to its original state of Matriarchy. Patriarchy will never yield or reverse to this former state, I'd bet money on that!

Unlike the current Patriarchal paradox which lives for war, poverty, famine and world domination, the world of Matriarchy paints a different image:

page 24, "The Once and Future Goddess" by Elinor G. Gadon
"...Perhaps the most provocative discovery of recent archaeological research is that nowhere in Neolithic Goddess culture is there any sign of warfare. There is no evidence of fortification, of violent death, invasion, or conquest. We can only conclude that there was some direct relation between Goddess religion and peaceful coexistence. Neolithic Goddess culture was woman-centered, peaceful, prosperous, and nonhierarchical..."

Well documented research will tell you that its was thru violent death, invasion, conquest and fortification that the shift from peaceful Matriarchy to violent Patriarchy occurred -- in the first place, Blaklioness!

1Love:heart:
Fine1952

There is no coincidence that the current fullscale attack on Black women is aligned with some power of significance that we ourselves are not, for the most part, conscious of. However, it would be interesting to find out how, or why, the Goddess was unable (or unwilling) to protect her daughters. Knowing this would help us to avoid future mistakes. Any ideas?

Ok....I'm not sure what to make of your tone here, so I'll explain my view again. The question of what happened to the Great Mother and her daughters is NOT irrelevant. Remind me again what your signature references about knowing your history?? This is my point in asking this question. If we understand the Goddess was first, then NO power that came after her---that she birthed---should have been able to usurp her. This means she should have been able to protect her daughters regardless. Admittedly, there are gaps in my information, so I'm going on common sense and intuition here. Since you know, you will have to fill me in on what's lacking in my understanding. The only conceivable excuse for not guarding your children when you are THE ONE is if those children were hardheaded from the get and refused to listen. Otherwise, there seems to be something missing in this story. What is that? The goody goodiness is wonderful unless you are unable to flip the script to protect yourself when necessary; if the Goddess was unable to do that, ultimately, what does that mean? This information IS important if we are to "analyze the present and plan for the future." If She were to return to her full glory today, how would she have evolved over the course of these many millenia so that her power and dignity will remain in tact?

The question of the GODDESS being unable/unwilling to protect her daughters during that point in time is moot -- since future daughters arose to circumvent the devastating loss of the Mighty Amazon Women who had originally been there to protect the "Mother Right".

Therefore, this moot point will not help "us" to avoid future mistakes unless you or some other brilliant person has a plan to change or reverse world Patriarchy back to its original state of Matriarchy. Patriarchy will never yield or reverse to this former state, I'd bet money on that!

Unlike the current Patriarchal paradox which lives for war, poverty, famine and world domination, the world of Matriarchy paints a different image:

"...Perhaps the most provocative discovery of recent archaeological research is that nowhere in Neolithic Goddess culture is there any sign of warfare. There is no evidence of fortification, of violent death, invasion, or conquest. We can only conclude that there was some direct relation between Goddess religion and peaceful coexistence. Neolithic Goddess culture was woman-centered, peaceful, prosperous, and nonhierarchical..."

Well documented research will tell you that its was thru violent death, invasion, conquest and fortification that the shift from peaceful Matriarchy to violent Patriarchy occurred -- in the first place, Blaklioness!

Fine1952

Fine1952

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Forgive me for splitting this conversation, but I must make comment on what appears to be a contradiction, in my view.

When something is circumvented, it means getting around the problem causing it to no longer exist or finding a solution; yet, there seems to be a need to plan reversal of the problem already circumvented.

Perhaps if you would elaborate more on the future daughters that arose, I would have a better understanding of the apparent contradiction needing a future plan to avoid mistakes; coupled with the fact that the problem will not cease being a problem.

Help me understand.

Peace In,

SMH

peace

It has to do with the fact that the black woman has purposely been neglected by 'man' as a way of trying to reduce her power, if you will. In your opening statement you defined 'holy', so all i did was take that word and it's meaning and applied it to Mary of the bible to show how she, or her role in supposedly giving birth to the 'son of god' was also reduced.

Mary would have also been considered a goddess or a Divine African Mother since she was 'holy', correct?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back