Amun-Ra : Holy War!

Discussion in 'Amun-Ra' started by Amun-Ra, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Amun-Ra

Amun-Ra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    A “Holy War” is the same as being “pretty ugly”, it is an oxymoron used as a fancy suit to dress up a pig of human behavior that under any circumstances would be viewed as primitive, animalistic and bloodthirsty. This high sounding term is nothing more than men granting themselves a license to do all of the despicable things that men can do without feeling any guilt, because they are acting in the cause of God. Perhaps, lunatics, fanatics and the mentally unstable buy into this thinking but there is no such thing as a Holy War just as there is no such thing as Microsoft Works!

Throughout history, men have justified war and cruelty in the name of God. The Inquisition and the Crusades are just two examples of “Holy Wars” that were really barely disguised attempts at colonialism and plain old theft. Islam also had its wars of conquest and invoked the term “Holy War” to cover its tracks also.

There is nothing Holy about war at all and that is why men and women of reason and rationale go out of their ways to avoid it, but for those who are inadequate of the world and its many complexities, it is the perfect rallying call for those mindless throngs who seek answers elsewhere rather than to peer too deeply at themselves. This type of fundamentalism, whether Christian or Islamic, reflects a basic weakness in dealing with the real world and moderninity.

There is little difference between the Christian fundamentalist and the Islamic fundamentalist or for that matter any fundamentalist—they are seeking not a return to fundamentals, but a return to the 12th century when the world lived in ignorance and fear of the unknown. A Holy War? Humbug! Let’s call it what it is and that is a chance for intolerant and self-righteous people to fight, maim and kill other people who have the audacity to be self-reliant, freethinking and able to live in the world as it is.

A Holy war? No, it is an oxymoron that makes as much sense as “educational television.”

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    yessssss!!! Ra......

there is nothing holy bout dis war
    its just been named in a shameful way !!!
    ya right brutha

3. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Sad Sad

It is so sad that peopledo things and then claim that they are doingit for God as if they have a direct pipeline to God and that no one else could possibly ne right. I prefer straight out hatred without invoking God as an excuse. If you want to kill me, don't tell the world that God is calling you to do this. Tell the truth, it is something that you want to do and a few words in some book has provided the excuse that you need to do what you all ready wanted to do. Call it straight out. Don't hide behind religion. Just say it. Then we know what you are--a murderer--plain and simple. A holy murderer is no different from the average everyday murderer, except they aren't honest enough to admit it.

Ra

4. HAH

HAH Member MEMBER

Care Giver
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wonderfull post, Bro!

5. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    I thank you

I thank you for stopping past andtaking the time--Amun-Ra

6. HAH

HAH Member MEMBER

Care Giver
    Ratings:
    +0
    Amun-Ra,

i truly apprecilove mindfull seeds in this universe of folks who have eyes but still dont have any vision~

i posted your post in my egroup Blacksoil, ok?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Blacksoil

Hempress*)0(*

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Welcome HAH

I'd like to thank you for joining us. I am grateful that you are here and hope that your participation in this community will be always.

With all due respect, you should receive permission from the owner of a work prior to using it, rather than, using it then asking if it is okay.

You'll find many conscious authors, poets and writers here (some published). All of whom would (probably) be flattered that you'd think so highly of their work to use it, just ask them first.

8. HAH

HAH Member MEMBER

Care Giver
    Ratings:
    +0
    Destee, thank you for the welcome but i must say that i didnt use his post but shared it in my egroup~ And being that this is an opened forumed i could have used it without letting anyone know about it~

Asking permission is the best way to do this but many folks dont even come back to check on their post but once a week, maybe never and by then the war could be over:)

I honestly choosed to let him know that i shared it in my group, and once its shared in cyber it then become the property of this entire community as it did here~

what if i hadnt ask but just copy and paste without a thank you then we wouldnt even be having this discussion and im sure this happens 1000s times a day but 1 true being ask before she borrowed a flower from the garden, thats all~

all post are flowers in a field just waiting to be picked by an admirer~

thank you,
    Hempress*)0(*

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hi HAH,

I do appreciate you letting him know that you used (copied, reproduced, displayed, performed, distributed, etc.) it in your group. No, you did not have to do that and we probably never would have known anything about it. Taking the time to let him know says much about your integrity. Thank you.

The fact of the matter is, content published to a web site does not automatically classify it as "public domain," (free to be used without regard to copyright ownership). Copyrighted works on the Internet include news stories, short stories, poetry, software, novels, screenplays, graphics, pictures, and even email, just to name a few. As a matter of fact, the vast majority of items on the Internet are protected by copyright law. In spite of this, many feel that it's okay to use what belongs to another without permission.

I'm no attorney, so I won't go on and on regarding the legal wrangling of violating one's copyright protection.

More important to this community and our community at large, is respect. The respect of one's person and property. Regardless of how eager I may be to use a property, or however relevant the property may be, nothing should keep me from first requesting permission. In my opinion, it's all about respect, whether on a street corner, in a church, at a club or on the Internet.

As you mentioned, there may be many who are using the copyrighted works shared here without mention/permission. My only hope is they are not Members of this forum, for the Members of this forum respect themselves, each other, and the work shared here.

10. Kitana

Kitana Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Ra

to the following description...

I would have to add that most wars or maybe even all wars are based on power as well....throw some greed and world domination in there...mix it all up and you have an end result that is anything but Holy....do they think that calling it a Holy War, somehow will justify the atrocities that will be carried out during that war....do they think they can hide behind the cloak of religion and the church or god they believe in....no...calling any act such as war, Holy, is one of the most hypocritical statements man has made....

and the one fact that never ceases to amaze me...is that, in most cases, the guy on the power trip is not the one out there risking his life or getting blood on his hands, guess he's too busy praying for guidance...

K