Black People : Hollywood

mosesgthre

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 14, 2004
They don't exist. I'm convinced that there is no such thing as a clean, black family movie. White folks got Willy Wonka and Harry Potter kicking our tails getting up to #1 in the box office.
And the history of Willy Wonka is that the writer intended the original script to have black slaves instead of Oompa Loompas. Yet, here it comes again on the big screen with the whitest and palest mofo in the universe.
I bet half of us already gone to fandengo and sitting on those tickets!

We tried with Ice Cube recently. Still got some adult behavior not suitable for kids. We've tried Eddie Mrphy, but he's not funny most of the time looking like a grandfather to his wife in his movies. Look like incest.
I'm not looking for a kindergarten movie, but is the only place to find a good family movie on a Christian network station or some old movie at a video store starring Sidney?
Where I live, edited on television is only two words censored out and we know from NWA that there are more cuss words than that out there.
I'm not talking about no Coach Carters or Lean On Me's...
I'm talking about make believe! Like movies should be. Stories.
Don't get me wrong, I love our movies from Bustin Loose to whatever we got, I just want to watch something from us with kids that don't have swearing...

Now, who's fault is this? Is it black writers not knocking down doors? Or is it Hollywood and institutions cutting them back?
Or is it that they exist, but so small and unknown that we can't see them?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back