Black Entertainment : Hollywood has Blackwomen/Whitemen, BUT no Blackmen/Whitewomen

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by KPITRL, Dec 3, 2013.

1. KPITRL

KPITRL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    I don't know why this article is just now coming out. I always complained about the prominent Hollywood black female actors being matched with almost any white male actor, or white male actor not nearly as popular, including steaming love or sex scenes. However, you can't find not one prominent white female actor (Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Ashton , etc... ) being paired with a black male actor, not even a prominent black male actor, and you can forget about a steaming love or sex scene with one of them.

I blogged about this many times before, before and after Scandal. But when somebody brings this up, like Dr. Welsing finally did, we only toss a little water at it, then prefer to attack the messenger. Even a black woman can't criticize the obvious poor choice of another black women, without getting chastised herself. Something is wrong there. And she didn't even criticize Kerry Washington and her role in Scandal but so much, the way the OP of that thread did, which is what's missing with black people of today. Instead Dr. Welsing decided to connect it to the overall slave mindset of white oppression and supremacy, and focus more on the latter. There's nothing wrong with discussing that of course, but we need to deal with what's right in front of our faces too, otherwise there's not much need in discussing the big overall problem...and it won't go nowhere. I'm not saying she needed to spend the whole interview talking about Scandal, but I think it needed more criticism than a sprinkle of water, do to the fact that that disgraceful brainwashing image of a show is still running strong, and already prepared to show repeats on BET.

Even this article here doesn't focus on the poor choice we as a black people continue to make in Hollywood; instead it focuses on the sneaky message Hollywood is portraying, at the expensive of black men. It comes a time you have to stop choosing to be the dope of the dope smoker.

http://www.yourblackworld.net/2013/...hite-men-but-why-arent-men-placed-with-women/

2. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    flight with denzel....
    but on the norm this article is correct...

one love
    khasm

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    :11100: how about black man with black woman.....fighting to uplift their people?

4. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    No, I don't think hollywood is saying black men shouldn't put their hands on white women; I've seen enough black men on television and in commercials with white women to know that's not the message they're trying to get across. That's already being done.

It would seem they're stating their famous white ladies are too special for black men, yes, but I believe they're showing more prominent black women with white men because black women date out much less than black men, and they clearly want to change that.

They want to make things look greener on the other side to us, whereas certain black men make that decision for themselves without the influence of television shows and movies. Just saying.

5. KPITRL

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    I did see that movie, however I have no ideal who that white female was. I'm looking for the white big named ones at the top of their chain. The ones you hear about without even being a movie fan. For old- schoolers for example, they couldn't get a white prominent singer/actor on the scale of Barbara Streisand to be matched with not even Issac (Ted Lange) from "Love Boat", or a ladies man like Clifton Davis. But they could get a Whitney Houston to do "Bodyguard" with a white man I never heard of. Then had the nerve to make it appear that he discovered her at her own funeral.

6. KPITRL

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    I think it's more a message that black men can now have the white mans junk (he could't even have that at first), however the white man can have the black mans jewelry (something he always had during slavery, and after slavery behind closed doors), and now wants to wear the black mans jewelry in front of the black mans face in modern times.

7. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

Sure, that's another way to look at it that I won't deny.

White men feel their greatest competition is Black men. They already know many of their white girls want black men, and they can't stop them all from flocking to them, so they'll promote to black women that we should flock on over to white men; sort of like them getting catchback.

But of course, they're not going to say black men are worthy of their most precious white females, while they indeed will say they are, themselves, worthy of the most beautiful black women, because 1) they believe black women are at the bottom, anyway, so they think we'd should be grateful for ANY white guy we're paired with, and 2) they think they definitely deserve nothing less than stunning, being white men and all.:rolleyes:

But overall, it's just getting across to both sides that they should date out, so there's more mixed children than black ones.

8. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    u may have a point there....
    it's the inverse of reality....as more black men are with white women
    than white men with black women...lol
    the matrix in a nutshell...

one love
    khasm

9. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Kerry Washington of TV's "Scandals" is bush leagues in comparison to Hollywood Oscar winner, Charlize Theron; and that actor no one never heard of before appearing in "The Bodyguard" is Kevin Costner, Oscar winner many times over for "Dancing with Wolves." And while he didn't really claim to "discover" Whitney, it was his movie, his money, his decision, and his ALONE, that only she play the lead in The Bodyguard, thus the honor was Whitney's, not his.

I can respect Dr. Welsing's concerns, but when it's practically against the law for Will Smith to be paired with any other than a white woman in his blockbusters, the linked article is simply much ado about nothing.

10. KPITRL

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    Yes we now know who Kevin Costner is.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black girls white men destee.com