Black People : Hollywood and The Black Saviors

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Metaverse, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    [​IMG]
    "Don't Hate the Savior. Hate the Game."

A recent poll conducted before the election suggested that America was ready for a Black President because media had already conditioned our minds to accept one. Popular shows like "24" for example headlines a Black President, and movies like "Deep Impact" and "The 5th Element" helped to solidify the idea that when things are going wrong, a Black President is there to save the day...or perhaps he's the reason things are going wrong?

[​IMG]
    David Palmer is a fictional President of the United States played by Dennis Haysbert as part of the television series, 24. Palmer served as the show's second-most prominent protagonist, after Jack Bauer. Throughout the series, Palmer's ex-wife Sherry and brother Wayne are both key figures in his administration. He has two children: a son, Keith, and a daughter, Nicole. Palmer belongs to the Democratic Party.

Dennis Haysbert was disappointed that his character was killed in the fifth Season, commenting that it continued an American legacy of killing its popular and charismatic leaders. He does continue to watch the show and be a fan.

Knowing what I do about "Saviors" and "Messiahs" I wouldn't want to be one, because throughout history these "charismatic" figures are actually appointed for a sacrifice. That is the purpose. Ironically Christians even today complain and debate about Jews "killing their Christ." Hello? A Christ is "supposed to die" that's the whole purpose behind a Messiah figure. Are we on the same page?

So if you're allergic to bullets, knifes, swords, and crucifixes- perhaps being a Savior is not what you want.

[​IMG]
    Even Chris Rock came in on the butt of the joke in his very stale comedy "Head of State."

But it seems to me, obvious "Black President" shows and movies aren't really what projected the idea of a "Black Savior" totally into the sub-consciousness of "some" White Americans. The entire race of Whites are usually represented in media by "the young white female" which is why you can be sure to see a program on the news about a missing young White female.

So let's ask this question. How many movies have been made about a Black Man - the power & security of our race, saving a young white female?

[​IMG]
    Denzel Washington: Man on Fire.
    And it was so nice of Denzel to trade his life for the White girl's at the end of the movie. That was so beautiful. Save em Denzel. Save em.

[​IMG]
    "Would you like me to die for you now? I can do that you know."

[​IMG]
    Samuel L. Jackson: Black Snake Moan.
    Sam Jackson save this White girl, and even teaches her how to feel the blues.
    That was wonderful Sam! You could've just left her on the road to die, but that would be the un-christian thing to do.

[​IMG]
    Sean Patrick Thomas: Save the Last Dance.
    Save that white girl from a long life without any rhythm. Please save her!

How can we forget this classic?
    [​IMG]
    Michael Clarke Duncan: The Green Mile.
    Duncan's character, a 7-8 foot tall "magical negro" John Coffey - is accused of raping and killing two lil' White girls when he was actually attempting to bring them back to life. Bless his big ol' heart.

There are many more movies like these around. Black Men save more White girls than Superman, Batman and Spiderman put together..and what do we get to show for it?

[​IMG]

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Interesting details and facts that lead to reality and how powerful the media really is
    when it comes to inner mind programing society

3. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    True Bro. Rich, I'm always studying media power. It's not only fascinating, to some degree it's even supernatural. Like in the movie "Malcolm X" when the Cop said "That's too much power for one Man to have." speaking about Malcolm. Well, that's too much power for media to have.

The game is so advanced that there are things that I see that are hard to explain. For example, we have so-called "White" saviors too. One in particular is Keanu Reeves. You have to pay attention to what happens to an Actor professionally and personally once that Actors is accepted into the "Black consciousness." That is very very very very important. Pay attention to what happens once we "adopt" a White Actor or Actress as down for our cause.

Here to go.
    Keanu Reeves was adopted into the Black consciousness- when? Of course. "The Matrix" - (Now we are only talking about action blockbuster hits- minus the cheesy romantic movies- like "The Lake House") - Next was? "Contantine."

Keep in mind now, the "White Savior" theme for Keanu started with "The Matrix." So he is playing a "White Savior" in the movie "Street Kings"?

[​IMG]

Not only is he playing a "White Savior" but he's in fact a straight shooting-Klan Assassin, he was like that Racist cop from the movie "Crash" going wild on L.A. I would say Forrest Whitaker who is also in the movie...is playing Obama's position. Now that's an inside joke for those who have seen the movie.

But speaking of Whitaker he does save a little girl in the movie "Vantage Point"- but she was a lil' Latina so maybe that doesn't count?

[​IMG]