Black Sports : HOF WR Jerry Rice Considers Patriots Cheaters, Then Admits To It

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by UBNaturally, Feb 10, 2015.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Jerry Rice:
    "If Patriots win Super Bowl, you have to put an asterisk on it"

January 26, 2015

Jerry-rice-deflate-gate-Patriots-01-26-15[1].jpg

"I'm going to be point blank, I feel like it's cheating," Rice told The Jim Rome Show recently. "Because you have an edge up on your opponent and its unfortunate that it happened.... I've played in cold weather, I know how hard the football is and you can grip the leather just a little bit better [if it's deflated]."

In a separate interview with KGMZ-FM in San Francisco, Rice flat out said that the Patriots season should have an asterisk next to it if they win the Super Bowl.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-super-bowl-you-have-to-put-an-asterisk-on-it

Jerry Rice Admits to Using Illegal 'Stickum' on Gloves During Career
    Feb 6, 2015

"I know this might be a little illegal, guys, I just put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky"

NFL[1].jpg

Notorious image sticks with these Raiders

Thanks to a gooey substance called Stickum, Lester Hayes became the face of a team that literally would try any tactic possible if it helped produce a victory on Sundays, Jeffri Chadiha writes.

[​IMG]

The banishment of Stickum after the 1980 season really had an impact on Hayes. Despite setting a Raiders record with 39 career interceptions in his 10-year career, he said he became "a mere mortal" after the league outlawed the substance (and cited him as a major reason for the rule).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/cheat/news/story?id=2957892

Cris Carter: If Jerry Rice used stickum, he cheated
    February 9, 2015

[​IMG]

Carter, who played from 1987-2002, sent out several tweets over the past few days indicating that he strongly disagreed with Rice's accusation that "All players" used stickum.

"I never used #StickumGate , and @JerryRice isn't speaking about me or for me."

"If he used stickum, JR was cheating also."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...er-if-jerry-rice-used-stickum-he-was-cheating

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I agree with Carter not every player used it

3. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Did Jerry Rice just help to place an asterisk by his own three Super Bowl rings?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While at the same time, putting his past teammates under a microscope...

[​IMG]

Charles Haley: Brady’s Super Bowls Tainted

Quarterbacks Joe Montana and Tom Brady have four apiece. Haley won two of his Super Bowl rings with Montana and the San Francisco 49ers in the 1980s.

When asked during an interview with the Talk of Fame Network to choose between the two quarterbacks, Haley didn’t hesitate — Montana.

[​IMG]

“Joe didn’t have to cheat. I’ve lost all respect. When your integrity is challenged in the game of football, to me, all his Super Bowls are tainted. You got to say this just didn’t happen overnight. Who wants that shadow over them? I could be wrong. But I realize there were 12 balls deflated and 12 ain’t. Then you’ve got Belichick coming on three different times trying to explain it… You know something is wrong.”

“It’s going to come back to haunt him one day, and if the league doesn’t come down on this guy… Everybody is talking about it. Nobody believes it was by accident. It is what it is."

“I’m not going to take any of his Super Bowl rings away from him. But it’s just sad that it has to be tainted like it is right now. Hopefully they’ll come out and let us know what really happened. Then all the mystery is gone.”

What about Joe Montana's image?
    He still had to get the ball to the target, so doubt it takes much of a hit.

But Montana would have surely benefited from some "stick handed" receivers...

John Taylor (WR)?
    [​IMG]

Roger Craig?
    [​IMG]

Craig could have used some "stick-um", as he averaged over 4 fumbles per season with the 49ers.

Jose Canseco talks about how MLB accepted it until they lost control over it.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jose-canseco-juiced

But this doesn't seem to be at the same level as Jose Canseco claiming lots of players were juicing.

[​IMG]

Or is it?

Will Rice decide to name the suspects, or take this one into the sunset?

Did "stick-um" really help catch the ball that much more in comparison to an under inflated football?

Not sure if Steve Young has commented on this, but would be interested to hear what he has to say, considered he played with Rice from 1987 to 1999 (12 seasons).
    [​IMG]

Even won a Super Bowl with Rice in the 1994-1995 season as the QB after Montana left.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jerry rice

2. jerry rice super bowl rings