Black People : 'Hobbitt' Casting Director Fire for Racism!!

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Casting Manager Fired Over 'Hobbit' Race Dispute
Peter Jackson's company dismisses the crew member after an actor lodged a racism complaint

WENN

A casting manager working on "The Hobbit" has been sacked over a British actress's report that she was turned down for a role in the film because of her skin color.

More on 'The Hobbit': Racism claims create problems | Cast revealed

Naz Humphreys, who has Pakistani heritage, auditioned in the New Zealand city of Hamilton last week but said she was rejected because movie bosses wanted only "pale-skinned" actors.

She said, "It's 2010, and I still can't believe I'm being discriminated against because I have brown skin. The casting manager basically said they weren't having anybody who wasn't pale-skinned."

Bing: Return to Middle-Earth for more on 'The Hobbit'

A crew member also reportedly published a newspaper advertisement calling for extras with "light skin tones."

A spokesperson for Peter Jackson said no such instructions had come from the director's Wingnut production company, and a representative has confirmed that a casting agent has been fired over the incident.

The rep says, "No such instructions were given. The crew member in question took it upon themselves to do that, and it's not something we instructed or condoned. ... The crew member in question has been dismissed. ... It's something we take very seriously."

:em0200:

Pakistanis are more racist than white people... i have yet to meet a Pakistani who is not racist, classic and xenophobic ...yet i have some meet white people who are not racist...

sounds like she just whining .. so what if the director dose not want brown skinned people..you have the option of not watching the movie.

I have not found that to be true. I have several that work with and for me, they arent that way

Well London has very LARGE population of Pakistanis.They cry and cry about the English Discriminating against them all the time... yet they turn around and treat blacks and their darker skin people like crap!

i have no sympathy....

its kinda like the situation with Koreans and blacks in the US.:10500:

Well London has very LARGE population of Pakistanis.They cry and cry about the English Discriminating against them all the time... yet they turn around and treat blacks and their darker skin people like crap!

i have no sympathy....

its kinda like the situation with Koreans and blacks in the US.:10500:

Well, I havent seen it

:em0200:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back