Black Events : Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Discussion in 'Black Events' started by GYPSYMAN, May 8, 2002.

1. GYPSYMAN

GYPSYMAN Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I was just wondering....I called to make my hotel reservations today (May 9th) and spoke with Tandi Mitchell...she informed me of the poor response thus far.... as far as the amount of reservations being made (only one other besides mine).

The room blocks will lift on the 15th of june and I understand.. that is still over a month away but I wonder if people understand that the credit card # needed is only for confirmation purposes ..no money will be frozen on the card ...with this in mind what is the reason for everyone waiting after so many have said they were going ?

I would like to know whats up ... because I was making all the necessary arrangements and will be purchasing my airline ticket this week as well ...but if participation is going to be weak... I would like to know so maybe I might consider doing the National Slam Event in Minneapolis around that same time...

Do not get me wrong.. I pray that the enthusiasm for the POetflow is still there ..I would much rather hit Montgomery and put some faces to these names and great talents and fellowship with the people in these rooms TRULY.

so I guess my question is ...IS THE FIRE STILL THERE ????

why the delay on people reserving their rooms when the action of reserving the room does not freeze any money on your card...
    and lastly... I assume we got a special rate under the "room block" and won't that be lost after the 15th ? ..which would be
    bad for all...so why is everyone waiting ?

Just wanna know whas up with everyone
    peace
    G-Man

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I CAN'T SPEAK FOR EVERYONE BUT ME
    SURE I LOVE TO BE THERE IT'S THAT I'M WAITING
    TO SEE MORE RESPONSIES ....... MY FIRE IS BURNING BRIGHT!!!!

3. GQ

GQ Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States Air Force
    Ratings:
    +3
    Likewise...I've heard that the enthusiasm has died down for whatever reason...in fact, some of the folks I would have hoped to check out have said they aren't attending...didn't ask why because cousins have their reasons...

Really want to attend but don't want to waste time, effort, or money if masses aren't amassing...

:peace:
    GQ