Science and Technology : HIV Virus May Cure Cancer?

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
84E5C2EB3A4CEDD4449C34BE64A35F_h231_w308_m5_cimwvuPgc.jpg

Dying girl now cancer-free after 'breakthrough' AIDS virus experiment

10 hrs ago
The last thing you'd expect to be a cure for cancer is AIDS. And though researchers are still far from reaching that milestone, an experiment with a disabled form of the virus that causes the disease has given them great hope. Last spring, Emma Whitehead, a 6-year-old Pennsylvania girl, was near death. Desperate, her parents signed her up for an experimental treatment never before tried on a child. Less than two years later, she's completely cancer-free. The theory is the HIV virus reprograms the immune system to kill cancer cells. Other patients have had mixed results using the same process, but it's being called a "breakthrough" that, with further tweaking, may revolutionize leukemia treatment. [Source]

84E5C2EB3A4CEDD4449C34BE64A35F_h231_w308_m5_cimwvuPgc.jpg

Dying girl now cancer-free after 'breakthrough' AIDS virus experiment

10 hrs ago
The last thing you'd expect to be a cure for cancer is AIDS. And though researchers are still far from reaching that milestone, an experiment with a disabled form of the virus that causes the disease has given them great hope. Last spring, Emma Whitehead, a 6-year-old Pennsylvania girl, was near death. Desperate, her parents signed her up for an experimental treatment never before tried on a child. Less than two years later, she's completely cancer-free. The theory is the HIV virus reprograms the immune system to kill cancer cells. Other patients have had mixed results using the same process, but it's being called a "breakthrough" that, with further tweaking, may revolutionize leukemia treatment. [Source]

ok but we have a new problem. HOW TO CURE THE AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i saw this on 20/20...had me scatching my head....who would've known that this experiment will eventually cure the cancer... Will it work for all the cancer patients?

I'm glad the family could rest from this terrible nightmare and be assured that thier little girl will live to see another day.

Still in the experimental stages. Thats why its a last resort treatment

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back