Black People : History is truly repeating itself

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by blazejay, Mar 25, 2013.

1. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    Hello All,

I wonder is it me or these med's I am on but it seems everything is repeating itself.
    The ugly head of racism,prejudice, and bigotry is slowly rearing it head.
    It look like they doing the same thing again deny a whole ethnic group it's rights.
    They blindly again blaming everyone else for their own problems, and wonder why we do harm to everything that moves.
    We and now our Latino's brothers/sister is the blame for majority of the problems and that is why they placing these Jim Crow's version of voter I.D. act and trying their best to eliminate affirmative action, creating a inferior almost non-existing education system , and trying to distract us by these fights for guns,etc....

I can hear those in denial say, "We diverse, we have a African-American president", but he was place there to shut our people up.
    I hate to say it, but he's there for show only; if he was not why is it when he try to help our people and our brown brother/sister it is shot down before a vote?
    Why is it when he try to pass laws to promote stability for everyone, one party act like a stubborn racist a-hole preventing progress towards ideas that will help everyone?
    I mean I analyze the scene and situation and I came to a conclusion that he will have a very problematic 2nd term.
    I am not complaining or not trying anything to help people; it just everything is money focus or people are truly blind to the issues at hand.

2. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    what kind of meds are you taking? lol

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    i don't see latinos as brothers and sisters…i see them as competition for black jobs

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

Racism, prejudice and bigotry have never disappeared or ended in this country.

So, it is inaccurate to say that they are "repeating or beginning anew."

Notwithstanding your meds, you are simply disillusioned.

White supremacy does not "repeat itself." --- It continues. It mestastasizes like a cancer.

5. John Ridgeway

John Ridgeway Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    You see very well and history does repeat itself. We can turn the tide of history in our faver if only we unite as a peolpe and pool our resources. Once we get an economic base, we can then call our own shots. Untill then, all we can do is keep watching history repeat itself. I hope this is to the point.

6. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

You have made an interesting point. This what is causing the problem for black folks. We are UNWILLING to pool our resources BECAUSE we are not a unified group. There is too much fear and selfishness. We would rather place our money in the bank, live in our big houses and enjoy the company of folks who do not have our interest at heart. We talk a lot but when it comes to putting our money where our mouths are..it is nothing more than a lotta long talk. If we do not change our whole mental outlook, the next hundred years will find us in the same state. Many blacks and there are many here on this site who believe that just blaming the white people is all that has to be done... Black folks need a reality check.

We as black folks have the ability, educationally and other wise. We must get rid of the idea that the State or white folks is our saviour. We must do what must be done.. If we continue doing the same things over and over again all we would be doing as my grandmother would say "barking at the moon"

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

This isn't true at all. An economic base today is dependent upon us having an individual currency of our own that is separate from that in use. This is what is making the Chinese such a threat right now. We can't use someone else's currency that we don't control, don't make and then think that we're going to really go somewhere doing so. Tomorrow white people can wake up and tell us that the world value of the dollar is only worth 47 cents. What happens to all our so called rich people then? We need land and natural resources!!! We have people all down south who own homes and land but don't control the mineral rights of the land that they have. Why?...because it really isn't their land! If it was their land they would have the right to exploit the mineral rights in the ground of their land, which they can not do to profit from.

8. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    The purchasing power of today's USD (US Dollar) is less than 5 cents as measured in 1913 dollars.

9. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    lol!

10. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    "It look like they doing the same thing again deny a whole ethnic group it's rights."

This is scary and I see it too. Like sister cherryblossom said, racism has always been here, but I do see a repeat and a digression into what happened in the past here in America. I heard a little about the voter id issue, but I don't understand it but, for the most part, there seems to be a digression with other happenings as well, so I don't wonder about the voting issue coming against us. However, I believe that the voting issue has been used to give us a false sense of security anyway, because as you say, our president is being used to come against Black rights, albeit, not intentional on his part. I believe that he was hoping for the best for Black people here in America, and i don't believe he would have married our first lady to throw her or us down, but he is being used as a method to take away our rights, and get this, HE WAS VOTED IN BY BLACKS!-Yet, it is the voting rights that hopefully, wil soon be seen as the very decoy that has caused many of our human rights to be taken away--We've been tricked into believing we had to vote for human rights and now that very issue, THE VOTE, is being used by the majority, to vote us out of so many rights. They are using THE VOTE, that so many have bought into, in order to vote us out of everything we once enjoyed!

I see this repeat of history in so many ways that leaves me in shock, and one area is the educational system. There is a 'new school' here in my state and city, that if you really look deeper, is not new, but it is A NEW WAY OF SEGREGATING us and getting rid of Black students out of the schools that white and other foreigners are going to and it is so obvious, but because of BLack people faling prey to 'colorism' and voting for 'a black president', albeit innocently do this in hopes of getting better rights, White Supremacist are now gladly using this 'Black president vote' to reinstitute SEGRAGATION/APARTHEID.

It is as if they are saying, in essence, 'since you Blacks wanted a Black president, then we will give you one that YOU voted for, and then we will give you all Black schools too!

You see, 'they' have given us 'Black schools' and tricked us to again accept this on the basis of 'colorism' and NOT ON THE BASIS OF EDUCATION, and for this reason, THERE IS A REPEAT OF HISTORY. Once again, the 'all Black schools' do not have the qualified educators that the other schools employ. So the incredible and publicized problem with the public schools systems reported about in this state, have become quieted due to this NEW SCHOOL project! Now the other schools that the Black students have been encouraged not to go to, are WONDERFUL, there classorrms are well organized with White and Asian students and even latinos. And even within these schools, the Black students are routed!

This 'new Black school' is presently 96% African American and the 'Report Card' ratings are below the norm, but all of the other schools last year ranked high in comparison. Tey closed one middle school that had a high Black population, and opened a new middle schoo in an area where a gret many NEW apartment complexes and housing communities have sprung up in about two years, and a huge migration of Asians and latinos have filled up these communities and are now going to these new schools. It happened in my very community and I am so shocked.

The Black students are encouraged to act out, and they don't even know why! The few that attend these integrated schools are 'REWARDED FOR BAD BEHAVIOR' and the Black teachers are exploited too in this regards. It is so incredible. yes, I do see that history is repeating itself.