history ch the enemy

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by bible_mark10_18, Mar 29, 2005.

1. bible_mark10_18

bible_mark10_18 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    there is no greater threat to people of color then tv.
    if we as people of color allow tv to change what was and rewrite history.
    we will only open the door to a deeper gap in power betwenn people of color and white people. i ask no one to label me a racist on the fact that i am half black half white. i simply point out the truth. the history ch has made many shows about history in its years and years in service.
    in evry show i have watched every single person playing the roles are often white. what this dose is makes people of color feel that whites ruled the world for many years. but this is simply not true whites are truly new to have power over the earth. the egyptians where black and so was the hebrews of that time. jesus was a person of color. the huns, the khans, i sat and watch as they made hannabal the african king white. this is something that is very dangerous. there should be a world attack on the history ch. and by this i mean all out war. this done by the history ch is not by chance but done to destroy the people of color. this forum is not to argue the fact but to list people who will enlist in the fight to end teh history ch. and to plan the attack.

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hello Bible_mark10_18! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Welcome to Destee's! This will make a very interesting discussion.

However, many Black people are well aware of the deceitful tactics used to hide our legacy. I don't know if anyone ever challenged the history channel, main stream television, or any other publicist that portray the history of Africans as their own.

I would love to hear what others have to say about this! Excellent topic!

And Welcome!.....Welcome!.....Welcome!

3. bible_mark10_18

Ratings:
    +0
    i thank thee for your welcome.
    i would like to take this beyond this forum.
    if we focus on one target at a time we can as people of color, and more as human beings. we can put a stop to this. we must focus on the history ch until it no long has money and workers to attack the history of people of color. we must not allow them to give up because that never works. we must follow the word of shaka zulu never let a enemy go to rise his hand at you again. i use to work for a group whos name i will not say. they would group black people together to protest the goverment. i was hold haertly there to do good.
    and the money they paid me was a bonus. but i soon found out that they were getting the black people together not to protest but to show they have numbers. then they would protest the goverment member. he would in turn give them money leaglly and they would as i would say call off the dogs.
    i learned that every time you protest something and let them make things right you weaked all the work of people work so hard for.
    like malcolm x and others. because we are not taken serioulsy.
    i seek to end the history ch in the first in many.

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    You can't believe anything a white person tells you, especially if it's in reference to history. Their whole way of life is defined by image. If any of their pride or history is attributed to black folks (the reality is black folks have a much richer history than white folks) white supremacy would crumble. They thrive on the myth that whites are superior in body and mind, so they protect that lie by airing these shows. That way the next generation of racist and white supremacist can have their bleached history. Not only that, but it does make black people feel like we never contributed to society. That's why so many black people are afraid to venture off into anything that's not sports or entertainment related. We have a rich history that spans from sports to science and way beyond, but we as a whole just don't know this because they make it a priority to hide it from us and the rest of the world. A perfect example.....see Mos Def in the movie "Something The Lord Made". That's exactly how white folks have passed over black folks that were actually the brains behind an idea.

5. bible_mark10_18

Ratings:
    +0
    we must do more then talk we must do what ever it takes to bring down the histort ch if you are on board when you post put add me and we will work or makeing a list of helpers

6. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Rather than trying to bring down the History Channel and other established white institutions, we should COUNTER thier poison by creating institutions and educational channels of our own.

We need to establish our own media and put THEM on the defensive for a change.

I'd make every positive historical figure black then force them to prove me wrong.

7. bible_mark10_18

Ratings:
    +0
    do you mean like bet.
    let me tell you that its started out because the person behind it felt just like you. and now it is turned on us did you know bet is own by the same company that owns mtv. no i feel we should send a message tell our story as it was or dont tell it at all we must start with the history ch and move on to the next target

8. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Mark

do you mean like bet.
    let me tell you that its started out because the person behind it felt just like you. and now it is turned on us did you know bet is own by the same company that owns mtv. no i feel we should send a message tell our story as it was or dont tell it at all we must start with the history ch and move on to the next target

Yeah, it's now owned by Viacom.

But I blame Bobby Johnson for that because nobody FORCED him to sell out.

If he knew how to network, invest, and choose decent management....he could have had an empire.

But I wasn't talking about BET, I was talking about more of a BROADCAST type of channel like Univision.

There's no reason why people who make up 20% of the population should have thier channels regulated to cable .

Infact, we should have one of the major television stations like NBC or ABC.

They say CBS is going down the tube...black leaders and investors like Bill Cosby or Oprah should look into buying that network.

9. bible_mark10_18

Ratings:
    +0
    i will tell you some thing you might not know the free market is not as free as you think.
    there are groups that run things and they pick who stays on top.
    i bet you did not know more white people watched bet thne blacks.
    and if you look at bet the only thing they had to show was videos and funny sitcoms. the way it works is you prove you have the numbers.the people pay to run ads on your show. if the rich ad companies wont pay you to have ads on your show you have no show. so first we would need tons of of rich black companies to give money for ads. because as soon as non people of color were to see you are messing with there system.they pull out there ads and you go broke. like bet they ad companies were not going to bet. they felt it was to uneasy to market ads for white people on a black network that had more whites watching then blacks. see the problem with black people is we need to stick together. and already you spliting us up man. roll with the idea.
    look at Oprah her ch is crap. they have nothing to show but ladies support her ch. and again the record show more whites watch her ch then blacks. she is not going to attack the people who put her in power. because just like oj mj and of the others you will lose you thing. and by the way i feel jackson is guilty but who am i i dont know. dont brake his up roll with it. we bring down the history ch and dont let the say sorry. just go at them like 50 cent did ja rule. we boycott in company that runs ads on there ch. lwe talk to the rappers to ad bad things about them in there raps. we bring them to there knees and when they beg or mercy off with there heds. who is with me