Black People : Historically, What People Remained With Their Captors, And How Did They Fare?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I've heard myself think, and even say on occasion, that we're the only people that remained with their captors ... but i don't believe that's true ... as i think on the Native American. It appears that they remain subject to their captors too.

Historically, are there others? If so, please share them. Please tell us who the captives and captors were.

Also, looking at our condition, and the Native Americans, those who remain do not fare well.

So i'm wondering if there are others that have experienced the same, and if they fared better?

Thanks in advance.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730

I think this is an ineresting question and extremely important to delve into because it might help us to understand 'captivity' in a much broader aspect and help us to understand how we as Black African-type people have faired in regards to others of whom have been 'captive under the White Supremacist system'. This questions automatically makes me think about two issues; [1] how do we define captivity, and [2] White people of whom have been captives under white supremacy and under a system due to retalitory actions of ancient Blacks, and i say this due to a recent thread that has been posted about Moorish Science in which 'White Slavery' was brought up.

I think there are many levels of captivity and think about how White people came over here to America and some of them found themselves suppressed under the White Supremacist system that was setting up. According to history when those kind of White people began to recognize their suppressed lot, they rebelled and as a result, they got elevated at the expense of Black AFricans. And then there was a recent PBS special about 'peopnage' and how Blacks were severely violated even after 1865 and a White historian was interviewed and said that there were about 4 million poor white people [including his ancestors] that came to america and within a short time period they progressed to being about 40 million and had upgraded to be so much better off, while the Black people were completely criminalized and severely suppressed. So based on just thest two examples and so many more, it becomes obvious that yes, there have been times in history that even White people have been captives, but whenever Black people are apart of the environment, White people will always fair better if they choose to stay with their oppressors. But in regards to ancient Black systems of which retaliated agianst Whites and enslaved them, there is a serious difference. Even though these ancient Blacks retaliated, they failed to understand that no matter, they were still under a bigger umbrella of White Supremacy, an arrogance and a mindset that not only many White people harbor but so do many Black people harbor, and no matter what, unless this spirit of supremacy is dealt with, Black people will never be free from it. There are many Black people that believe in White Supremacy and white supremacist rely upon these kind of people to always seek the opportunity to become supreme and that is how they infiltrated Black lands and dominated.

I saw a documentary about this issue about the Spartans and how they responded to White people tht had at once enslaved them. To respond to this thread, and looking at the overall picture, again White people of whom choose to remain with their captives will eventually fair much better and of course history proves this as the White Greeks were able to rise--and dominate the Spartans! So in regards to other people of whom have been oppressed, especially White people, we have to go back farther in history to the origins of slavery and captivity, to see the bigger picture. White people came to black lands and deceived Black people into Black on Black disrespect and this is the beginning of slavery and captivity in which it became a system. And as long as Black people are apart of an environment and system, it set the pace for how other kinds of people of whom may be caught up into captivity are regarded. For this reason it becomes obvious that yes, many of these other kinds of people of whom have been captives choose to stay with their oppressors because as long as there are Black people, these other kinds of oppressed people know they will always have a chance to advance.

The term 'Slavic' was a term applied to a certain kind of White people in Europe that became slaves, and they stem from the same Greek experience I spoke about and overtime became cast down under white supremacist systems in Europe and East Europe. Terms like 'Yugoslavia' and 'Serbia' and etc. in East Europe [Balkans] was all land that was once all Greek lands that the ancient White Greeks came to dominate after the Minoan Greeks were put down. Many of these Slavic people later migrated to South America and became apart of that history and etc, and this only reinforces what I said about how they fair when Black people are present. These kind of people based on history do seem to stay with the White Supremacist systems and evetually benefit as long as there are Black people present that can be suppressed down to be at the bottom of a Caste System and Class System. There are times too, when many of them have banded with Black people to deal with White Supremacy and this is the good part. The result of this I think became affective when Class conflicts become the issue, but like what happen during the Raegen years, White power systems always work so hard to divide and conquer these kind of people from Black people.