Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
The Census Bureau says the Hispanic population numbered 37 million at mid-year 2001 - ahead of the black population, which stood at 36.1 million. Hispanics now comprise nearly 13 percent of the U.S. population, and blacks make up 12.7 percent.

You can read the story here in its entirety:

http://www.voanews.com/article.cfm?objectID=F121C427-92C5-4C60-B0EE20BDE37EFC61
What, if anything, does this mean to us ... Black Folk?

I think it's just another way to divide "people of color." After all, either you're white or in a big pile with a bunch of other "colored folk." Taking the focus off of this fact and having us look at each other.

Please share your thoughts.

:heart:

Destee

Perhaps it is another way to cause division, but if these stats are true, what it does say is;

1. The murder of young black men by other black men.
2. The murder of black men by police.
3. The incarceration of black men.

has finally had an impact on our populace, if this is the case, in the next 20 years African Americans may be in danger of extinction.

Does the word "genocide" have a more clearer meaning now?

A scary thought.

I wouldn't sweat it!

Oh, when I heard this news, I had to laugh! As an Old Schooler, I firmly remember a few things about the US Census Bureau:

1) Commentators from **** Gregory to Tony Brown have said over the years that the Census has undercounted black folks for years! Most Census takers were SCARED to go into Black neighborhoods.

2) During the Clinton years, it was found that the Census cooked the books on population figures. Thus, some of their information is good...and some of it is not.

3) Let's not forget that the numbers used don't break out the number of ILLEGAL Hispanics in the USA.

So, you have the same tired attempt to 'divide and conquer' black folk, so the feds won't have to deal with us as a people. We won't 'lay down and play dead', so, they try this tactic every decade in order to try and humble us...only to have it blow up in their faces.

Hispanics will soon lose favor with the white populace for more than a few reasons...

1) This comes from Hispanics themselves: They keep their money in their own communities, or send it back to relatives and family members in their own lands.

2) Hispanics, traditionally, are Catholics--not Protestants.

3) Hispanic kids are getting more and more into trouble in US Courts, especially juvenile courts.

4) Anglos can't break the 'code' of their language...but Black folk can.

5) Hispanics tend to stay to themselves and open their own businesses.

6) Hispanic families are male dominated--they don't put up with feminism. If the family does not have a father, then the first son leads, and Mama listens to him.

7) Hispanics are calling themselves Hispanics...although there are Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, and Latinos involved.

This is just another attempt to 'down' black folks in America. Remember these other failed experiments?

*After the Vietnam War--the influx of the Vietnamese. The government said 'they' would 'replace' us. But the numbers never jived.

*During the 80s, it was the Haitians who would 'replace' us. But the numbers never jived.

*The Census also said that in 2000, there would be more people of color in the US, and fewer white folks. Now they say there are more Hispanics and more white folks and fewer black folks. Is this cooking the books, or what?

Mike Ramey

If this should mean anything to us... it should mean, the same game, just another name...
But, it also should bolster us.... we should get back into the game, this time, though come with a different defense...
this time, put our noses to the grindstone, start uplifting each other up...
1. Say hello, goodmorning, goodevening... to your people
2. If one of us is in trouble help them... if you can... I mean in anyway...
3. Blacks are opening businesses at this moment more than any other--- and I am including White males--- patronize them
4.Give each other and yourself as many breaks as you give others
5.We are a good loving people... but all of us are not good and are not loving... we have to get rid of them...
6. Get back to praying and meditating to your own God... and always remember to ask for him to wake us up, and help us to find our righteousness again....
7. Love your children, instill in them how beautiful they are, how intelligent they are.... and can be...
8. Hand down our history.... although riddled with pain... it is also riddled with overcoming+perserverence+love that = STRENGTH
9. Start networking as a community... all over the country... then maybe the world... it is for our survival....I think that it would be a beautiful testament for us to get together like this... so that no matter where we go we can have someone looking out for us; and Black folks will truly "all know each other"
10. Everyday, wake up, and thank God or whomever-- how about yourself--- that you are still here... give thanks for the day before, be thankful for the day, and hope for tomorrow...

Peace-

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back