Black People Politics : Hispanic Racism And Other Forms Go Unreported

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +13,627
    :five:

There’s one reason Trump can get away with a vulgar, dysfunctional White House: He’s white
    The White House’s bad boys benefit from the privilege that society grants white men

The Trump White House produces one salacious headline after another, and in the process, exposes the glaring double-standard and privilege automatically bestowed upon white men. Do we dare stop to think about what might have been said and done if, during the eight years of the Obama administration, a single black official committed any one of the scandalous mishaps that now seem to be a daily occurrence? ...

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-white-house-white-privilege-5a7fb5e8ae00

There’s one reason Trump can get away with a vulgar, dysfunctional White House: He’s white

The White House’s bad boys benefit from the privilege that society grants white men.
    thinkprogress.org

[​IMG]
    Trump’s new communications director, Anthony Scaramucci, takes questions from reporters. CREDIT: AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais

[​IMG]
    Sam Fulwood III

Jul 28

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +13,627
    What I Couldn’t Admit Until Now After Months Of Traveling While Black

... Sometimes I feel that there is a switch in black people specifically. We tread through the world as flawlessly or strongly as possible. We climb ladders, break glass ceilings, win athletic events, and do so in the name of a lineage that has been stripped away from us. The black experience in the United States is so unique and tortured and real in ways that is still hard to express to people who haven’t been born into it or have spent their entire lives trying to contextualize it ...

[​IMG]
    Prince Shakur

22 | Pro-black, feminist, lover of locs and queer with restless feet | Writer for Teen Vogue, etc. “Two Woke Minds” Youtuber. | Instagram @prshakur
    Aug 5

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +13,627
    Racism all up in the place of worship :facepalm:

As a Biracial Woman and Former Evangelical, Trump's Racism Is All Too Familiar
    November 13, 2017 by ANGEL UNDERHILL

... Disillusionment festered over that 7 year period as I witnessed a hyper-image-conscious handling of ministries and the people in them, a theological certainty among fellow congregants I couldn't relate to, and culminated in a manipulative and misleading interview process for a ministry job in the church. Ultimately, the thread of racism running through my time there put me over the edge ...

https://www.popsugar.com/news/Former-Evangelical-Biracial-Woman-Trump-White-Megachurch-44166688

As a Biracial Woman and Former Evangelical, Trump's Racism Is All Too Familiar

I used to be an evangelical Christian. I helped lead people in worship, or "ushered them into the presence of God," as we used to say. I traveled the
    popsugar.com

4. Symbol of America

Symbol of America Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +431
    As far as the topic started with Hispanic/Latino/Chicano racism towards Blacks it is believed to have been injected into both cultures when Fidel and Che deposed Batista in 1959 and the Cuban elite fled to Miami and literally bought their way into the Miami power base through real estate holdings, small business ventures and local politics. Eisenhower who was deceptively astute gave the Cuban expats immediate refugee status to delegitimize Fidel's fast growing popularity not only in Cuba but in the entire Caribbean Basin. Racial foment reared it's ugly head when Haitians could not garner the same status since Duvalier was a CIA puppet. In SoCal Blacks had a literal stranglehold on a great percentage of things except racist abuse by law enforcement agencies after the Watts riot. Disenfranchisement for Blacks reigned supreme then got steadily worse when the Tex/Mex border became porous with illegal immigrants who soon got a free pass with the Anchor Baby Program. NAFTA & The DREAM Act was figuratively the death knell for Blacks nationwide as Hispanics/Latinos/Chicano's became the new Blacks with all the rights and privileges of the new suppressed people of color. The new Census Designation aligning them as White rose their stature in mainstream society as giving them automatic superiority over all Blacks. Their racism towards Blacks is more then cultural or localized, it's national and widespread and institutionalized since they hold powerful positions in all levels of government, big business and high dollar Congressional lobbyist protecting Hispanic/Latino/Chicano interest. They comprise 98% of The Sanctuary Cities Programs beneficiaries.

www.pewsocialtrends.org/2008/01/31/do-blacks-and-hispanics-get-along/

temp-pull-quote-faye-williams-336x437.jpg

05190f7d06211f310815435e270bbd862cffea-retina-thumbnail-large.jpg

51W4nqNcLtL.jpg

596e54345309db3c22e26ded86f9cac6.jpg

The George Lopez incident

It is what it is.

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +13,627

Absolutely ...

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +13,627
  7. Symbol of America

United States
    Ratings:
    +431
    Positively Mr. C.

happinesscorprealityrocknhardplace.png

Way too familiar

957061-13555325370535564-Chris-DeMuth-Jr.jpg

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +13,627
    :facepalm:

I was a black teenager drowning in whiteness and didn’t even know it

[​IMG]
    Lecia Michelle
    I’ve always been a writer.
    Nov 14

9. Symbol of America

United States
    Ratings:
    +431
    Being from The Sandbar I would say I can relate to her story because from 7th grade to adulthood it was like 20 Blacks to 100 Whites with very few racial issues considering, I personally believe Long Islands local business funded sports programs kept us little hoodlums focused on winning The Intramurals and drinking beer instead of hurling racial epithets at each other but some Blacks and Whites dogged what few Puerto Rican's moved there from the city seeking employment at the State Hospitals, the industrial parks or Entenmanns Bakery in Bay Shore, I stayed away from that since I was from the city myself and hung around Coney Island, Harlem, Washington Heights and The South Bronx and had zero issues with anybody no matter what race they were. We all have a story.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +441
    I also see a problem with that church. She shouldn't quit God, but find a truer church.

"Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Gal. 1: 7