:facepalm:

I was a black teenager drowning in whiteness and didn’t even know it

Lecia Michelle
I’ve always been a writer.
Nov 14

Racism all up in the place of worship :facepalm:

As a Biracial Woman and Former Evangelical, Trump's Racism Is All Too Familiar
November 13, 2017 by ANGEL UNDERHILL

... Disillusionment festered over that 7 year period as I witnessed a hyper-image-conscious handling of ministries and the people in them, a theological certainty among fellow congregants I couldn't relate to, and culminated in a manipulative and misleading interview process for a ministry job in the church. Ultimately, the thread of racism running through my time there put me over the edge ...

https://www.popsugar.com/news/Former-Evangelical-Biracial-Woman-Trump-White-Megachurch-44166688

I also see a problem with that church. She shouldn't quit God, but find a truer church.

"Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Gal. 1: 7

... She shouldn't quit God, but find a truer church ...

"Even though I no longer see myself as a part of that community, I still carry a certain amount of love for it and residual pain from it. There is some piece of me that still hopes the church has something valuable to contribute to the cause of racial justice. It's probably why I feel the need to, in my own way, hold white evangelicals accountable. I want them to do better."

"Even though I no longer see myself as a part of that community, I still carry a certain amount of love for it and residual pain from it. There is some piece of me that still hopes the church has something valuable to contribute to the cause of racial justice. It's probably why I feel the need to, in my own way, hold white evangelicals accountable. I want them to do better."

Don't worry, God will hold those who take the Lords name in vain accountable = Those preachers who talk the Lord but their hearts are far from Him. Meanwhile, check them out and then point out your objection. :choir: We support that.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back