Black People : Hipocrisy

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MrBlak, Sep 13, 2004.

1. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    Just thought I'd throw this out there to educate the masses and some people who dont know what they are though they look in the mirror each morning.

hyp·o·crite ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hp-krt)
    n.
    A person given to hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy

n 1: an expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction [syn: lip service] 2: insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have

hy·poc·ri·sy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pkr-s)
    n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies
    The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
    An act or instance of such falseness.

I am sure we all have stories to share of those we have dealt with that fit these descriptions....feel free to share people :spin:

2. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    What's that old saying? People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones? Yeah, we all know hypocrites, and we have all probably guilty of hypocrisy at one time or another. We also, as people, have a tendency to speak of subjects that we have no firsthand knowledge of.

Oh, yeah.... Married people criticize single parents. Educated people critcize high school dropouts. Skinny people tell fat people to "just lose wieght." We are like this? Because we often see our own faults amplified or reflected in other people. Criticism tends to be insecurity when held up to the mirror.

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Yeah, I have engaged in hypocritical activity before, I won't hide it. But haven't we all? And there is nothing I can do to take back all the hypocritical comments I ever made........ so what I do is move on without making any hypocritical comments.

4. MrBlak

Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for the replies....of course we all have those times we do it....but I am interested in people who walk around like gods gift to the community talking down to others, who end up being huge hypocrites....I have come across too many online, but they hide behind age and their facade of "blackness" to get away with it. People who claim moral superiority and try to elivate are the worst hypocrites I find.

5. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    oh yeah

Hypocrites. I'm glad you shared the definition because most often people are throwing words out there into discussion and aren't even aware of the meaning of them. Especially in a racial debate. People throw out words that they think fit a situation but really don't and before you can engage in a discussion you should a least be educated on it. If not ask someone.

The most hypocritical of situations just crossed my mind yesterday as a matter of fact.

How can this country tell us to never forget 9/11 and they say that they'll always remember, but then on the flipside urge us to forget slavery and all that they've done to Africa and it's children on this journey to become this so called land of the free? Terrorism today is the same terrorism it was hundreds of years ago. Same crap, different villain. That's hypocritical to the umteenth power.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    it can move in ways we lease think of and have us in acts of being a
    hypocrite ! but do the reflection of the mirror really show you are being
    one? or is it we learn as we go and how to stay true to our self ?
    I agree with all above very well said.

7. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    That was very well said sistah, and I am gkad to be the 2nd to commend you on it. It is just like the way how in the school systems in this country, they want us to be concerned about World War I and World War II, but they don't want us to know about the movement and such. And you could not if said it better about the villains. They are afraid of the truth, and I am led to believe that Black folks tell the truth historically better than every other culture, in particular those brainwashing Europeans.

Cedric Denson

8. MrBlak

Ratings:
    +9
    What I was meaning when I mentioned looking in the miror is that these people wake up every morining and look themself in the eye and know they are full of it, but continue with the behaviour. You know how if someone you know does something tottaly disgusting sometimes you dont wanna even look at them in the eye?!!! Well these people should feel that way when they look in the miror when they commit large acts of hypocrisy...that was my point.

Thanks for the reply :spinn: