Black People : HIP HOP ON TRIAL

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Metaverse, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424

Congressional Hearings on Hip Hop

Allhiphop David Banner Vs. Master P

2. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved KGMw Diivne Seer MS:

I watched most of this on CSPAN.

Now I can watch all of it.

Thank you.

:qqb018: :qqb018:

3. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Mother Goddess, its a very interesting debate, considering that most of the discussions are topics we've covered right here at Destee. However, I believe the Parents are the ones who should be holding these forums with Rappers, and not Congress, and most definitely not BET.

I take it some Parents were supposed to show up at the Congress meeting and no one did. Because of this, David Banner was correct in his assessment that if this so important, why didn't they show up? Is he also right to say-

People want music to do everything for them, they want Rappers to raise their children too, when it’s the Parents and the Community's responsibility to raise children.

Perhaps David is right to a degree. I respect him for being one of the few Rappers who answered the call of Katrina, even before the so-called President of the US. I support his growth, and his achievements as an up and coming Activist.

Still, if I am a Fireman in the day, saving people from burning buildings- as my Occupation, does that give me the right to be an Arson at night? Some of Mr. Banner convictions are aligned with some of America’s most murderous Crime bosses. Who did great things all the time, only to cover up the evils they did in the dark. Think John Gotti.

We can’t liken David Banner to John Gotti, but the Hip-Hop empire as a whole has become somewhat of a Mafia within itself. And all those who are connected to it, and help to speak its message of wars- that have nothing to do with our Liberation, should be held accountable. We shouldn’t use music and art to take the heat off parents and the community, but everyone is to blame.

Yet, its natural to blame those who profit the most off our collective demise and humiliation.

4. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424

Is Master P right?

5. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424

Is Michael Eric Dyson right?

6. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21

* Art is the sensitive nerve endings of society* -Serpent in the Sky-

He is very art-iculate (mercurial) and has a Sebekian Flavor to his multifaceted and yet surgical aproach to the issues. He is like a pointer by proxy for a big clumsy (blind) stupendous logical engine.

(looking from the big clumsy side)
    A bird in the hand (Young Black men and Hip Hop) is worth two in the bush ( some of the more complex, interelated issues that ferret out the duplicity he spoke of)

Two in the Bush is " Act like a civilized human being (WHITE) and express your dysfunction in the same manner," so it's easy for them (and their black counterparts) to dismiss any allegations of infrastructural duplicity.

Good Questions (irrigator of consciousness:wave: )