Black People : Hip Hop Complexion Obsession-Dark Skinned Sisters not wanted

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by King Tubbs, Feb 22, 2010.

1. King Tubbs

King Tubbs Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +272
    The fact someone resurrected my "BIG BOOTY HOES (and other slave mentality foolishness)" thread from 2008 inspired me to post this up, which kinda touches on a similar related issue. This is a much talked about topic, quite sad and I'm sure theres nothing in this video Destee posters haven heard before but I though it was well put together as a video. You will soon see who knows whats really going on and who comes up with pathetic attempts to justify the lack of dark skinned women in these dumb videos.

The first to my knowledge has no part two yet. The second is sister Joy Daily asking why Wale who is of Nigerian parentage only used white and spanish girls for his "Pretty Girls" video.

Apologies if this has been posted before.

2. enquiring_mind

enquiring_mind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +198
    Thank-You Brother; what you said is true, but I don't think a reminder does anybody any harm at all :) We need to keep some issues at the forefront, and not become complacent or passive; we need to be asking questions and looking for answers...the music video issue is a difficult thing for people to simply 'explain away', try as they might!

Hotep :)

3. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674

YOU EVER THOUGHT THAT "HEY THIS IS MY VIDEO AND I CAN HAVE WHOEVER I WANT IN THE VIDEO".

WHEN YOU GO MAKE A MUSIC VIDEO OR SUCH ,THEN YOU CAN PUT WHOEVER YOU WANT IN YOUR VIDEO

4. enquiring_mind

Ratings:
    +198
    I HAVE AN IDEA!!

Lets make a list of all the white performers we know/can think of, past or present, who have a tendency to predominantly (and positively) feature Black women or men in their videos, or give them lead roles...shall we?

The bias is obvious

Hotep :)

5. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674

AGAIN THOSE ARE THOSE PEOPLE'S VIDEO AND THEY CAN PUT WHOEVER THEY WANT IN THEIR VIDEO

ALSO EVERY HUMAN HAVE BIAS. YOU MAY NOT LIKE MILK BUT LIKE JUICE, YOU MAY LIKE CLASSICAL MUSIC BUT DONT LIKE SALSA. LIFE IS ABOUT BIAS!!!!

6. enquiring_mind

Ratings:
    +198
    very true, but I wouldn't equate the importance of the original poster's premises to music and drink preferences... :)

7. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    ILL TAKE IT FURTHER.....IF WE EXAMINE WHAT IS BEING ASK, THE QUESTION WAS WHY THERE NO "BLACK" WOMEN IN THE PRETTY GIRLS VIDEO?

IF YOU EXAMINE SOMEONE PSYCHE...FIRST THEY WOULD HAVE TO IDENTIFY WITH THE VIDEO AND THEN MAKE A THEORY WHICH SAY "HEY THERE NO BLACK WOMEN IN THE PRETTY GIRL VIDEO"

BUT WHAT IS HAPPENING THAT MANY TIME THAT THE PERSON WHO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES AS "BLACK" AND NOT SEEING WHAT THEY CONSIDER "BLACK" IN THE PRESENTATION OF PRETTY GIRLS TAKE ON THE MONIKER OF BLACK AND NOT PRETTY.

WHAT IT BOIL DOWN TOO IS THAT MANY PEOPLE DON'T LOVE THEMSELVES ENOUGH INTERNALLY AND NEED OUTSIDE STIMULI TO PROVE THEIR WORTH TO SOCIETY

8. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812

Pure and simply put....Black people everywhere need to stop supporting this mess. It is targeted at destroying us, and we need to use at least a bit of common sense and stop supporting the artists who engage in it. If he or she participates in the nonsense, let the support of the folks they love and admire sustain them. We are in no way obligated to watch or support, and to the extent that 'we' do, then let the hammer fall where it may.

9. enquiring_mind

Ratings:
    +198
    I just dont understand how/why it's so hard for some to see :10500: but I remain patient; I understand that the institutionalisation continues...

10. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812

Sister, this isn't purely institutionalization; there is free will on the table as well. People are making choices for which they need to be held accountable; what good is it when we brag about being the 'spiritual, parent' race on the planet, yet act as if we are incapable of distinguishing the difference between right and wrong?