Black Women : HILLARY WINS

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Kemetstry, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    Sisters, I know how I felt when Barack Obama was nominated. In fact, I documented it in here. Is there anything similar now that Hillary has been nominated? The 1st woman ever for this country

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    For me...NO! In fact I got a lump in my throat caused by acid reflux.

I don't feel the least bit proud as a woman because she became the FIRST woman nominated by a major political party in the U.S. to run for president. ESPECIALLY if you have to get it by hook and by crook.

I don't embrace her as a woman, as a person. I've paid close attention to Hillary ever since Bill ran for president the first time. Way too much ugly baggage there that I can't support and don't identify with as a human being.

I'm not a boot licker type woman, so her nomination actually depresses me more than impresses me. It sickens me to watch all the middle-class and even lower class women running up to her, huddling around her and looking at her with dewy eyes as though she's the great emancipator of the 21st century. Once the veil has been lifted with truth, you can't cover your eyes again and stick your head in the ground pretending its a different--more kumbaya--reality.

Yes, she "won" (and I'm using that word very loosely) and all the emotional hype that went on, on stage at the DNC didn't tug at my heart strings. What I got emotional over was how the progressive citizens that voted for Bernie were crushed and disappointed at the way they were being treated. Protesting is the American way and to squash that is unAmerican.

Now, ask me this question 4 years from now when Nina Turner wins the nomination (my prediction) and you'll see a woman who is excited and feeling hopeful.

3. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    Nor should you be proud. I'm not saying that she hasn't done anything worthy; i'm just saying that she's not worthy of anyone's praise. On one point, Trump is accurate; she is a liar...and not to be trusted. However, I would think that we would all hope she wins...if only to ensure Trump doesn't. AND, for the first time since the seventies--if not, ever--the democrats have a legitimate chance of securing the white house for three consecutive terms. Would be interesting to see how that turns out.

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    Yes, baller, given that Hillary is the Democratic Party nominee, for no other reason, I hope she can keep Trump out of the White House.

But, having said that, I want her administration to be more progressive, particularly as it relates to the real (not imagined) issues that Black people unjustly deal with in this country every day.

How many seats in the Supreme Court will she potentially have the opportunity to fill if she's elected because that's so critical? A Washington Post article reads:

"If the Supreme Court follows the election returns, as the old saying goes, the 2016 election will set the court’s path for a generation. When the next president is sworn in, three sitting justices — Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Antonin Scalia (now deceased) and Anthony Kennedy — will be in their 80s; Stephen Breyer will be 78. These justices are hard-charging, yet statistics are against them: The average retirement age for a justice leaving the court since 1971 is just under 79. They may not be able to delay retirement until the political stars align or even until their replacements are confirmed. So pundits are predicting, and fundraisers for both parties are warning, that the next president will get to chart the course the court will take for decades to come.

This argument rests on the unexamined assumption that “the next president will hold tremendous power over the Supreme Court’s make-up,” as Rolling Stone put it. But legal scholars have started discussing scenarios in which the next president is practically powerless when it comes to appointments. They caution that because the partisan divide is so deep, it may be impossible to get Supreme Court nominees confirmed."

But, back on topic, I want more than a fluffy apology like the one her husband, Bill Clinton made for the slave trade with nothing of substance to back it up:

"And President Bill Clinton, while in Africa in 1998, apologized for the slave trade, but not for a government that institutionalized white supremacy during its first four score and change."

Being that she will be (power of positive affirmations) the first woman POTUS, can she accomplish what no man in that position ever could? Is estrogen different than testosterone when it comes to leadership and influence?

Will liberal women in the U.S. rise up to take advantage of her power to achieve even more gains, like Black people prayed for and hoped to under Obama?

Historically, women have made greater advancement in American society than Black people have, even when civil rights laws were crafted in favor of people of color, primarily Black people.

Women, like Hillary, are tenacious and unafraid to tread in areas where men try to be practical. But like men, her measure of success is determined by the size of her bank account and power she can wield. The Clintons will accomplish what the Kennedy's couldn't--keeping it in the family.

I still don't believe she's the leader Black people have been waiting for, but the reality is, she needs to pave the way for one by beating Trump in November.

5. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    Flood her office with emails and letters. Gather others who share your views flood and her office with emails and letters. Those letters and emails will carry weight if those sending them VOTED.

Hold her accountable if she is elected POTUS.

Congressional offices receive mailbags full of letters, e-mails, faxes, and phone calls from constituents.

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    Why does it seem like some of you have bought into publican dogma?

7. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    This is good stuff, but you are talking to the wrong person. Prepare 100 copies of what you just wrote and mail them ATTN: President Hillary Clinton, if she is elected and you VOTE for her.

Getting what we want takes work. Not setting back and waiting for something to happen. Make things happen.
    I know we can do it.
    As far as the apology, that's not going to happen. You can still ask if you VOTE for Hillary.

We got more work to do after we VOTE.

8. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    I don't know if you're talking to me, but I'm talking about the political process not any particular politician.

How bout you, Kem. You can't come with a critique without offering anything. Well, you can, but why would you?

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

He wasn't speaking to you, IFE. He's on your side in this conversation about voting. He's all for voting, like you are .

10. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    Thank you Clude.
    Excuse me Kem