Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton, Robert Byrd, KKK, and 1964 Civil Rights

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by UBNaturally, May 13, 2016.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Jan 15, 2014
    I know, the title is a mouthful, but since it seems to be coming down to two choices (and remember, Obama says you only have two choices, can't choose anyone else, just between the two, watch his White House Press dinner speech), many should be fairly convince who they vow their allegiance to.

Vote = Vow

Just for those that haven't been keeping up

So what's this Clinton, Byrd, KKK, Civil Rights thingy about one may ask?

Well, simply put, Robert Byrd was a high ranking KKK recruiter in the 30s and 40s, so he claims.
    Keep in mind what was going on around this time as well.

Byrd would later claim before his death, that he broke connections from the KKK only after a year:

"After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization"

Hmmm, interesting.
    Let's read...

Despite its name and lack of a national charter, the AGK (Association of Georgia Klans) was not confined to Georgia. The order soon expanded, planting klaverns in Alabama, Florida, the Carolinas, and Tennessee, making Dr. Green the predominant Klan leader of the latter 1940s. "All factions," Green declared, "had to unite to win the war" against Communism, embodied in "radical" labor unions, proposed anti-lynching legislation, integration of America's armed forces, and President Truman's call for a permanent Fair Employment Practices Commission. Virginia kleagle Robert Byrd particularly feared removal of the military color line, writing to Mississippi senator (and Klansman) Theodore Bilbo in December 1945:

"I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

In 1946, while campaigning for a seat in his state's House of Delegates, Byrd wrote to Dr. Green (Samuel Green, former Grand Dragon of Georgia):

"The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."

Despite such enthusiasm, the Klan faced opposition on all sides. Green sought to revive the order's Georgia charter in March 1946, paying dues from 1943 forward, but he was blocked by hostile state officials and the federal tax lien that put James Colescott out of business. California's attorney general revoked the Klan's charter on May 21, 1946, declaring that the order "taught racial hatred through violence and intimidation." Two months later, a New York court dissolved that state's charter, leaving anyone who tried to launch a new Klan subject to jail time and a $10,000 fine. Other legal bars to Klan activity were raised in Kentucky, New Jersey, and Wisconsin.

Things looked better in Georgia, despite official opposition. Klansmen had escaped prosecution for the murder of a black Atlanta cab driver, Porter Turner, in August 1945, and Green had initiated 227 new recruits before an audience of 2,000 atop Stone Mountain, on May 9, 1946, declaring, "We are revived."

p. 89, 90 - White Robes and Burning Crosses: A History of the Ku Klux Klan from 1866 by Michael Newton

Hard to get rid of some of it when it comes natural

The Ku Klux Klan endorsed Barry Goldwater, and Hillary Clinton was an outspoken Goldwater supporter. These were anti-union factions, something which Hillary would carry into her Walmart career before becoming the "1st Lady" in 1992.

The KKK, Goldwater, and pro segregationists also opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Acts...

Byrd would even attempt to apologize for his role

Hillary on Robert Byrd

What does Will Quigg (Grand Dragon of California KKK) think about Hillary Clinton?

Remember, Obama says you have two options

Meanwhile, on the Republican side, things are a little more — how should we say this — a little “more loose.” Just look at the confusion over the invitations to tonight’s dinner. Guests were asked to check whether they wanted steak or fish, but instead, a whole bunch of you wrote in Paul Ryan. (Laughter.) That’s not an option, people. Steak or fish. (Laughter.) You may not like steak or fish — (laughter) — but that’s your choice. (Laughter.)

- Barack Obama, 2016 Speech at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner

Attached Files:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. robert byrd black people

2. hillary clinton robert byrd

3. hillary clinton and robert byrd