Black People : High Time For Me To Pay!

sweetbrownsugar

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 28, 2004
This is a GREAT place! I remember stumbling onto it by accident. I'd typed in something like "black poetry" and the experience has actually been like...being a little child wondering into common woods and stumbling upon special place! Really special to where you want to visit as much as you can or when you can but after so, many visits? You find you are...ABSORBING a bit too much. Taking Away. Robbing this special place of what it is that draws you to it. So you realize there's something you can do to maintain it's specialness............And so, it is time. High Time, I began to help maintain this special place. Cause y'all know! I am one of many who be on here with a lot to say sometimes. Justa' putting my little 2 cents in? But not paying 2 cents towards it's upkeep?! It feels like STEALING. Taking money out of the pot and putting in an IOU. There was even a thread on here a good while back that kind of singled the people who didn't pay their dues, out. I remember sitting going: Oh my God, James from Philly is talking about me! then too it was cool how Kente kind of stood up for those of us like myself, I guess. But still, it isn't right. It's been about a year now or close to it that I've been logging on and I feel like a TEEF! (Thief) Now I just have to figure out how to go about doing this? Cause it definitely has to be on the Down Low-behind my husband's back type of stuff. You know? He just laid down the perverbial 2005 NEW YEAR, We got to start watching how we spend money speech too! Bump that! I love coming here! I will just have to look over my shoulder while I'm writing dem Money Orders out I guess! Remember on THE COLOR PURPLE when Celie had found the letters from Nettie? She was sitting on the porch reading them and she didn't hear MISTA calling her so he laid that fierce pimp hand 'cross her face? Don't want that to be me! Trying to write out a money order...SLAP!BAM!...missing an eye! -Green it is!

awwwwwwwwww SweetBrownSugar !!! :love:

You are so sweet Sister ... wow ... you know, we have had many folk that have fought me (us), justifying their reasons not to help, and implied the worst of things because i needed and had the courage to ask (those who sup here) for help. Sister ... they just don't realize ... it's not their help i want.

You know i got a lot of nerve to be needing help, yet only wanting it from a special few ... those few who are like you, who feel it in their heart to do. Those who feel that they get something out of this community and are moved by the Spirit in them, to help sustain it. I thank God for them and you.

I'm honored Sister ... that you'd risk life and limb (don't let "MISTA" catch you!) to help keep our community here.

We are blessed ... i am honored.

Thank you Sister.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back