Black Education / Schools : High level reading skills......

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by MrBlak, Sep 9, 2004.

1. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    Can anyone in University currently give any tips to a very slow reader on drawing information out of a book quickly and efficiently? I have always made it thru by paying attention in lectures then doing the readings...however, for my current course, I gotta draw all the info out...AND write a 2000 word essay worth 10% of the final before each topic has been fully discussed.

What can I do to not screw up all my hard work to this point? I have dreaded this class cause I never took any poli-sci till last year....now I am doing a high level course in it. :uhoh: :uhoh:

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Mr. Blak what you have to do is try to scam the text for relevant information. For example if you are reading a chapter on, let says the Democratic transition of say France.

You would not really need to really dig dip in to the various types of classes in France that caused the French Revolution, you would really need to know that their was an economic war which caused the Revolution; thus, created a democratic transition.

Now that is easier said than done. But it is one approach.

Another approach is to utitlize lecture notes for essays and internet and library research. Remember your text book is only really a guidebook for any political science course, alot of information about poli-sci can be garnished from other sources, which have the ability to give you a clear and jargon free way of translating things. However remember that the internet sources must be legit, do not use personal webpages, only use strong sources.

I was a political science major so I can understand your frustration.

I hope this helps at all and let me know if it did.

3. MrBlak

Ratings:
    +9
    That is great advice Manisiac!!! I can use the first one...unfortunately, most of the reading and the papers we gotta do have to be done by the time the topics are discussed in class.

I will use your scanning technique for sure.

This was usefull. Thanks

MrBlak

4. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Mr. Blak you got to re-read what I said. I said use other sources for the same information, not change the topic.

Other sources will usually provide clearer information about the topic than your poli-sci and convoluted text book can.

Just make sure the sources are legitimate, a poli-sci teacher should have no problem with a student using alternate reliable sources for an essay.

5. MrBlak

Ratings:
    +9
    Oh ok...thanks.

We actually, in this case, are only allowed to use the texts listed for each section. That is the only other problem. They restricted us....but it is more than enough reading that I may not get thru thoroughly. I may have to take other poli-sci courses and will get to use you ideas better later on.

6. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Yea that is pretty lame, that shows your Poli-Sci teacher is not keen to a different opinion.

Thank God I did not have a professor like that.

7. FiveAlive

FiveAlive Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    It doesn't necessarily mean that he's not keen to a different opinion, he may want to limit the texts for any number of reasons, it could be very dependent on what the course title/ topic focus is.

8. BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE

BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Nefertum Husia Shayheh MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    High level reading skills is tied to business and economics perceptively. Most forms of how to form a business is located within the secretary of the states nationwide in America and similar in other countries. The more you increase the wording of the vocabulary from the dictionaries and thesaurus perceptively, the more you are educating them subtly plus if you do your part like let's say mine right...i master mind perceptively and you will hear that often but that is just one part of my personality you dig? So i love to come up with solutions to apply them often resulting in money being funded to me. Even though the dictionary is nothing but a repetition of syllables and letters using math with science on orbit, still they need that diplomatic state of mind to fuel a forward business support an economy they can invest in without worry or getting suckered into. Imagine speaking at a graduation offline without teachers and others around just enclosed talk per say...imagine the same opportunity embodying yourself into a book real as you can be in it will ya?? Calmly i said that you know...children like musical sounds and rhythms phonetic as a prefix to they mentality ending as a suffix to their name spoken in confidence increasing their opportunity to either be heard intelligently when you period sentences as they era perceptively. See you suppose to "sentence" a period of eras compressed intelligently and cleverly into they minds on orbit. The keyword is sentenced as sentenced is often associated with a prison slavery term...give them a sentence of knowledge and wisdom ending as a periods consecutively line for line from point to point para-graphed completely geometrically as an emotion shaped into a higher consciousness thought form artistically endeavored painted what they never saw before reel and realer increasing high level reading skills. Deep-Script-Shun is the key when para-graphed from their head-ding(light bulb on) throughout their body of composition(cause we don't want to decomposed them right?) to the sum(mathematics)-mary (mary meaning birth of anew perceptive thought without physical penetration) Enter their temples and electrify they nervous system from the brain's right hemisphere to the left perceptively. Increase the children consciousness and watch their high level reading skill explode out and even holding a spelling bee competition within your neighborhood in the streets or in a local building monthly for small trophies or possible fundraising to erect a small language school front with Rosetta Stone and African languages will greatly tackle the business and economic problem to include reduce crime and stress plus activate ancestral genes. My mind is too vast to put all of this down on the real but just remember where there is a will then there is a way. Peace.

(Diary of a Black Man: Just An Illusion) Copyright 2014