Science and Technology : High Fructose Corn Syrup makes you stupid.. and insulin resistant.. THROW IT OUT.

I was just being facetious. Your post is exposes some hard truths. This "government" has know the high fructose corn syrup was POISON FROM DAY ONE, yet they still feed it to us. And I say feed because I'm agree with you something you've said on occasion we need our own. Our own source. Our own reliance.

Is there any other way to escape the wrath of this mutant anti hue-man we've been force to occupy earth with?

This ameriKKKan diet is poison. There's a saying if it's being mass produced and it's in a package, in all probability it is a package of poison.

Diabetes runs high in my family and it's not so much the government as it it that "home cooking" grandma used to do using Karo syrup and to this day my aunts bake using similar products.

Aunt Jemima is watered down compared to Karo which is 100% high fructose corn syrup. The kind we used to eat with pancakes and cornbread.

We have a war on our hands at work. If students come in with junk water or soda they lose it. Just had a group of nutritionists from UCLA out yesterday and we intend on having them work with our staff and families this summer.

"what is life?", they ask. and then they decide that they are gonna figure it out and tell everybody. but if they can't see that they, too, are life, then anything that they come up with is not gonna be too terribly suited to life. such as their "practice" of medicine; it always seems to mess up some non-white person somewhere. and all because they ain't fully human so need all sorts of stuff, that they "research", "design" and market, to cover the fact that they are just not fully acclimated to this environment yet.

stop paying attention to them. start figuring out what you need for yourself. don't let them continue to tell you that what has been working for you no longer works simply because they can't make money off of it. ("money"; another thing that ain't got nothing to do with this environment and the biggest reason things are so messed up.) believe in yourSelf and your "gut instincts". trust that that brain between your ears can work for you. toss out all the lies and deceptions that they have thrown up: flush the brain and reboot to "bare metal".

but, of course, folks are gonna start asking "how?" before sitting down (or standing or walking or ..) and thinking the thing through. trust and believe; it's gonna take a bit more than "short attention span theater"; that's why folks used to be able to memorize and recite long epics. but folks today can't seem to remember how to do stuff on monday that they last did before the weekend.

if they "feed" it to us, and we know it ain't no good, then obviously stop eating/watching/buying it.

(turn the questions into statements: the "way to escape the wrath of this mutant anti hue-man" is to turn it all off. walk away from it. boycott everything. just stop doing their stuff!!!)

It is amazing how much of the typical American diet is buried in fat, sugar, and salt. I tell people I used to be diabetic and they always look at me like, what, that ain't possible. Even some medical professionals. But, I was [past tense]. Becoming not diabetic was a process of:
  • My doctor switching me off a drug I was taking for hypertension. It was not until later, from another doctor, that it was confirmed to me that that drug was known to make someone who was a diabetic worse. In my case, it made someone who was not diabetic a diabetic. I was diagnosed as diabetic just a few weeks after my doctor put me on it. And, he took me off right after a blood test came back saying I was diabetic. The scoundrel knew, he knew, and I suspected, but he never admitted any connection. That was one of many experiences which eventually led me to concede that it is best to _seriously_ doubt what any medical professional tells you. It is not so much that they want to make you ill as it is that they are being trained to ignore, and misrepresent.
  • Gradually becoming a vegetarian. I fell off the wagon after about a year, but have never gone back to eating as much meat as Americans typically do.
  • Becoming anal about reading the labels of packaged foods regarding the amount of sugar, salt, and fat therein. I was shocked how much sugar, salt, and fat gets _added_ to darn near every kind of packaged food you can buy at the supermarket.
  • Avoiding eating out. The only way you can really be sure of what you are eating is to make it yourself from scratch.

Sugar makes you stupid: Study shows high-fructose diet sabotages learning, memory

A new UCLA rat study is the first to show how a diet steadily high in fructose slows thebrain, hampering memory and learning — and how omega-3 fatty acids can counteract the disruption. The peer-reviewed Journal of Physiology publishes the findings in its May 15 edition.
"Our findings illustrate that what you eat affects how you think," said Fernando Gomez-Pinilla, a professor of neurosurgery at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and a professor of integrative biology and physiology in the UCLA College of Letters and Science. "Eating a high-fructose diet over the long term alters your brain's ability to learn and remember information.
While earlier research has revealed how fructose harms the body through its role in diabetes, obesity and fatty liver, this study is the first to uncover how the sweetener influences the brain.
The UCLA team zeroed in on high-fructose corn syrup, an inexpensive liquid six times sweeter than cane sugar, that is commonly added to processed foods, including soft drinks, condiments, applesauce and baby food. The average American consumes more than 40 pounds of high-fructose corn syrup per year, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
"We're not talking about naturally occurring fructose in fruits, which also contain important antioxidants," explained Gomez-Pinilla, who is also a member of UCLA's Brain Research Institute and Brain Injury Research Center. "We're concerned about high-fructose corn syrup that is added to manufactured food products as a sweetener and preservative."
Gomez-Pinilla and study co-author Rahul Agrawal, a UCLA visiting postdoctoral fellow from India, studied two groups of rats that each consumed a fructose solution as drinking water for six weeks. The second group also received omega-3 fatty acids in the form of flaxseed oil and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which protects against damage to the synapses — the chemical connections between brain cells that enable memory and learning.
"DHA is essential for synaptic function — brain cells' ability to transmit signals to one another," Gomez-Pinilla said. "This is the mechanism that makes learning and memory possible. Our bodies can't produce enough DHA, so it must be supplemented through our diet."
The animals were fed standard rat chow and trained on a maze twice daily for five days before starting the experimental diet. The UCLA team tested how well the rats were able to navigate the maze, which contained numerous holes but only one exit. The scientists placed visual landmarks in the maze to help the rats learn and remember the way.
Six weeks later, the researchers tested the rats' ability to recall the route and escape the maze. What they saw surprised them.
"The second group of rats navigated the maze much faster than the rats that did not receive omega-3 fatty acids," Gomez-Pinilla said. "The DHA-deprived animals were slower, and their brains showed a decline in synaptic activity. Their brain cells had trouble signaling each other, disrupting the rats' ability to think clearly and recall the route they'd learned six weeks earlier."
The DHA-deprived rats also developed signs of resistance to insulin, a hormone that controls blood sugar and regulates synaptic function in the brain. A closer look at the rats' brain tissue suggested that insulin had lost much of its power to influence the brain cells.
"Because insulin can penetrate the blood–brain barrier, the hormone may signal neurons to trigger reactions that disrupt learning and cause memory loss," Gomez-Pinilla said.
He suspects that fructose is the culprit behind the DHA-deficient rats' brain dysfunction. Eating too much fructose could block insulin's ability to regulate how cells use and store sugar for the energy required for processing thoughts and emotions.

Full article:
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-05-sugar-stupid-high-fructose-diet-sabotages.html

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

brown_h0rnet WARRIOR Destee

.......Good stuff skuderjaymes, here's a very small snippet from our soon to be released book: BAMN; which concurs with this information you've posted for the Family:

BAMN: By Any Means Necessary...

General Health Recommendations
In this day and age, with all of the toxins out there, being health conscious really requires that one put in time to study health. But with that being said, if you follow these simple steps, your health will greatly improve.

• Stay Away From Refined Foods: Sugar is the no. 1 drug on the planet. Stay away from refined sugar, enriched (white) bread, enriched pasta, etc., and move toward eating whole foods. Your body needs minerals to process and digest food. And since these grafted white foods have all of the minerals taken out of them, they actually leach minerals out of your body in order to process them. They are ANTI-nutritious. And fake sugars like Aspartame and Splenda (which destroy your brain cells) are no better! There are plenty of natural sweeteners out there like Stevia, Palm Sugar, and Date Sugar etc.

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back