Black Spirituality Religion : HIDDEN MANTRAS

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    The Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue.

Notes from:
    The Magical Use of Voice.
    http://www.datafilehost.com/download-420dc77b.html

Mantras have two components of primary importance - Meaning and Sound. First is the actual meaning of the word or words and the second is the effective sound (vibration). For the mantra to be effective, great emphasis is put on correct pronunciation and the level of concentration of the mind on the meaning of the word or words that are recited.

Due to this emphasis, some care has to be taken regarding the place and surrounding in which the mantras are recited; the way in which these are delivered - ie, a loud; quietly; in a group; with music; without music; etc. The purpose of mantras is to deliver the mind from illusion and material inclinations and to bring concentration and focus to the mind.

*Chanting is the process of the continuous repeating a mantra.

So essentially, what does our mantras sound like today?

Does this sound like HIP-HOP to you?

It's basically a chorus...listen to the mantras here.

All mantras are known for their magical hypnotic vibrations. Mantras are sounds chanted throughout most popular songs.

How does this make you feel? Just listen.

2. amazon1979

amazon1979 Banned MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +9
    Peace and greetings Bro.Metascience,

The timing of this post is most extraordinary, because I spent sometime today looking into mantras and specifically, the power of chanted prayer.

I first discovered the power of mantras while doing some research (have you ever wondered how the Egyptian pyramids were built?) and came across this account whereby the Swedish aircraft industrialist, Henry Kjellson, who travelled through the Himalayas. Kjellson described how Tibetan monks hauled stones using a combination of drums and trumpets, but mainly by chanting in unison.

There is ofcourse this in the Book of Joshua 6:20 "So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city".

I remember reading about a scientific study that was done documenting the effect of classical music and rock music vibrations on water. The former formed beautiful, elegant patterns, while the latter formed hideous, distorted shapes.

The scientists then took this study further and used vowels from ancient languages such as Hebrew and Sanskrit but instead of water, they used sand. The result was astonishing. When pronounced, the sand took the shape of the vowel pronounced while modern languages did not produce any shape.

This is the reason why I prefer to say prayers in native tongue as opposed to praying in English.

So seeing as the timing could not have come at a better time, I shall seize this opportunity and ask you Bro. M.Science, if you incorporate chants into your daily routine? I only ask so that I can enquire if you use Buddhist or from Hindu chants, or whether you think one has benefit over the other in terms of being user friendly.

Best wishes,
    Amazon

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    The reference of Cherokee medicine men using chants. Hmm... Each medicine person is given his/her own song to use by the powers.

Blackbird

4. amazon1979

amazon1979 Banned MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +9
    Bro.MetaS.
    I listened to the 'OM' chant (second clip) and every emotion I experienced was a negative one. I could go as far as to say I was repelled by it and stopped it when I started feeling nauseous *sighs* is this an indication that I am evil? lol. Seriously though, it brought to mind something Dion Fortune mentions in her book about the dark side of Buddhism.

The RKelly clip cheered me right up though lol, mainly because the video of this song caused a bit of commotion because of the revealing silk pajama bottoms he was wearing. The addition of a wind machine in the background did not help matters either.

Best wishes,
    Amazon.

5. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Greetings again Sis. Amazon. You know what, it's been so long I totally forgot about the controversy with that "Half on a Baby" video. But I'm sure it didn't hurt his record sales.

I do use mantras Sis. Amazon. I am aware that most people think I am crazy anyway, but here goes. I speak a spiritual language that I myself don't really understand logically, but it just comes out. I want to call it "speaking in tongues" which I've often called it that in the past when mentioning it on other threads. However lately I've started looking more into it and I am finding it is more than just that.

When I was younger I recalled that if I hummed in a very strong tone while walking I could make the atoms in my body speed up to the point where time itself slowed down. To me it would appear that I was walking faster. Sometimes I'd use that technique to outrun my friends. The humming sound for some reason allowed me to speed up my own energy field of time.

Recently I tested this out while driving my car. I started doing a strong humming tone, meanwhile focusing my intent on speeding up the car and leaving other cars behind me. Not only did the car speed up, but the speedometer maintained the same speed which was 65mph. How is that possible?

I've tested it for over 20 times so far all with the same result. It seems as though the vibration of my voice makes the car lighter? Or in some way I am slowing down time for everyone else around me, but speeding it up for my car, or my energy field.

So I asked myself the question, what if that same technique could be applied to chants? What would happen, how would the Universe around me react to it? I've realized that whatever this language is that I speak from time to time, it is some form of communication with either my higher self or spirits that speak that language. When I allowed the language to flow out of me as a chant while driving, I focused my intent on a car next to me- I imagined a lasso around the car pulling it back, allowing my car to move ahead of it. Miraculously it worked. Thinking it could be a coincidence I tried again with the same results. I wondered how the drivers of these vehicles must feel? What inspires them to slow down?

The AUM chant takes some getting used too. The chant in the video might disturb you consciously because behind the chant in an intent, the intent of the Monks/Priests that are chanting might upset you because it might conflict with your lifestyle ideals. But the possibility of transferring that much knowledge in one sound/chant/mantra is beautiful.

So what is behind R.Kelly's ouu naaa naaas?

6. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Good mention Bro. BlackBird. What do you make of this one?

This is Ketut Liyer, traditional Medicine Man, from Bali who is calling the magic to his drawing. He rings his bell as he chants. Very mystical.

That's one powerful bell.

Mantras: Meaning and How to use it

A Bard's Primer: The Science of Mantra and Words of Power

http://www.artesmagicae.com/BardsPrimer.htm

We can provide each Archetype with its own specific sound by using diphthongs; i.e. sounds combining two vowels. The simplest diphthongs are those comprising the single vowels of the signs immediately flanking the desired sign (and its Archetype). We may call these the semisextiled diphthongs, as each is drawn from the two signs adjacent -- 30 degrees or semisextile -- to our desired sign, thus:

IE -- Leo/Sun/Yellow Creator (I of Cancer + E of Virgo)
    IA -- Virgo/Isis/Yellow-Green Enchanter (I of Leo + A of Libra)
    EO -- Libra/Venus/Green Cleric (E of Virgo + O of Scorpio)
    AU -- Scorpio/Neptune/Green-Blue Fowler (A of Libra + U of Sagittarius)
    OW -- Sagittarius/Bacchus/Blue Planter (O of Scorpio + W of Capricorn)
    UW -- Capricorn/Saturn/Blue-Violet Mason (U of Sagittarius + W of Aquarius)
    WU -- Aquarius/Jupiter/Violet Smith (W of Capricorn + U of Pisces)
    WO -- Pisces/Uranus/Violet-Red Forester (W of Aquarius + O of Aries)
    UA -- Aries/Mars/Red Hunter (U of Pisces + A of Taurus)
    OE -- Taurus/Proserpina/Red-Orange Abbess (O of Aries + E of Gemini)
    AI -- Gemini/Mercury/Orange Mage (A of Taurus + I of Cancer)
    EI -- Cancer/Moon/Orange-Yellow Sage (E of Gemini + I of Leo)

What is the mantra chant 'RAH" in this song saying? What is the intent?

7. lite16

lite16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self-employed
    Ratings:
    +3
    I was lol with Amazon1979 comment about R. Kelly. I think you got exactly what R.Kelly wanted you to get from his chanting. Along with millions of other women. A call from the serpent I'd say. :)
    Bro. Meta- I feel the mantra chant "RAH" in the Baby Cham song is to awaken the Gods and Godesses in us. I guess it could have different meanings depending on the 'intent' of the artist.
    BTW, R. Kelly is a master in his own right, huh. Music communicates soo much. I'm just thinking of the role of the organ player at a pentecostal/holy ghost church. Or even the call to worship by a minister/deacon.

8. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Very true Sis. lite16, R. Kelly is a master in his own right. A brilliant musician, and even though I make fun of him I understand the science behind his musical theory. R. Kelly's music has always been very hypnotic, so when he refers to himself as "the pied piper" - he is telling the truth.

[​IMG]
    The hidden mantras in R. Kelly's music does exactly what this image suggests.

R. Kelly designs his music in a very solitary mediative state. Most of his musical training interestingly enough came from the Black Church. His music is actually spiritual chants converted into melodies. I would bet most of his songs start off as Church songs. If you listen to "You are Not Alone" that is actually a religious song about God.

The "RAH" chant is indeed a way to channel power. I knew a few bodybuilders that used it when lifting. Malcolm X said we did too much singing and not enough swinging. I myself believe in both. We would not have survived as Africans in America without the hidden mantras in our spirituals. Those mantras conjured up our Deities that gave us the power to "swing" away when we needed it.

The vibratory frequencies in the organ help to access the trance levels of the human mind. You can recite anything over an organ and sure enough it will haunt you the next day, even show up in your dreams. The pipe organs especially are known for this effect, such instruments like bells and gongs play a key role in how mantras are delivered.

MJ is also known for the hidden spiritual tones in his music. When musicians figure out this science out, it's almost impossible not to produce a hit.

9. amazon1979

amazon1979 Banned MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +9
    Greetings Brother M.Science,

I found your experience to be most fascinating. The degree that I am studying has an element of Physics so we have studied the concept of time/energy and motion. I have heard of masters in certain martial arts based in Japan who can fold time and space.

In my travels for information on mantras (did you know there are mantras which can kill people, regardless of the distance? the mind truly boggles), I came across the following blogpost on Obama's name. Your thoughts?

Best wishes,
    Amazon1979

WHAT'S IN A NAME- Barack Obama
    Just as an observation and talking point for those interested in the possibility that our language holds more meaning than has hitherto been commonly supposed, I would like to postulate that Barack Obama's success and seemingly magnetic/charismatic hold over many people, may be attributed (at least in part) to his name.

Before anyone laughs me out of court or considers this to be hocus-pocus, it has long been a belief of the Chinese that the number 8 is propitious mainly because eight in Chinese is pronounced "ba" and sounds like the word for prosperity which is pronounced "fa". While people were intrigued, no one was particularly dismissive of the Chinese Government's decision to start the Olympic Games on the 8/8/08 at 8pm. Instead it appears to have been globally accepted as an ancient cultural belief that one should have respect for.

What is interesting to me is that the great Sanskrit 'sacred sounds' known as mantric 'seed syllables' are OM, HUM, HRIH, and AH and the sound AH appears in both B-ah and F-ah.

According to the fabulous book The World is Sound, Nada Brahma by Joachim-Ernst Berendt, all language arises from one source - sound - and mantras are sacred sounds of a single word, syllable or entire phrase. The syllable man means intelligence, or thinking and feeling whilst Tram is the helping and protective power. A man-tram spreads its wings over intelligence, thinking and feeling; over man. The Tibetan Buddhist Lama Anagarika Govinda calls mantras' 'mental tools, tools of the mind'. He speaks of the mantra as primordial sound and as being 'pre-linguistic*

Out of the four sacred seed syllables, the greatest mantra is said to be OM - indeed it has been said of this mantra that its power alone can bring enlightenment. According to Joachim-Ernst, OM is 'the ascent towards universality'. HUM 'is the descent of universality into the depth of the human heart'. HRIH kindles the 'upward leaping flame of inspiration and devotion' but AH, in contrast is 'the expression of wonder and direct awareness'.

Wayne Dyer also seems to be fascinated by the power of sound. He spoke at length about the power of the syllable AH in his 2003 book about Japa meditation called Getting in the Gap. He points out that "the sound AH within the name God ( G AH D) is the same sound around the world..... Allah ( AH-LL- AH), Jehovah ( Je ho v- AH) Krishna( Kri-sh-n-AH). RA (r- AH) Yahweh ( Y-AH way)"

Wayne comments that, when repeated as a mantra, this sound keeps us in a prolonged state of conscious contact with our Source. He also points out that it is the only sound that we can make with virtually no effort. It is the exhalation of breath, the sound one naturally makes in ecstasy.

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and are safe" Proverb

In the beginning was Brahman, with whom was the Word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.

Br AH m AH

The first part of the Lords Prayer -Our Father who art in heaven is read as...AH f AH th AH who AH-rt in Heaven hallowed be thy name. That's a 4 times repetition of the sacred sound.

And so it was that I noticed that in the name Barack Obama, especially when pronounced by an American, we hear:

B- AH r AH k Ob AH mAH which is another 4 times repetition.

Could it possibly be that, unknown to Mr Obama, his name carries a very powerful overtone which, the more it is repeated and beamed around the world, is subtly affecting us all at the vibrational level.

Still unsure of the power of this syllable? Think of the word Amen - AHHHH men, or consider that when we see a new born baby, or someone in distress, how we automatically say AH as a symbol of our love, empathy and caring.

Notice too:

Nirvana= Nerv AH n AH
    In Buddhism this translates as: The ineffable ultimate in which one has attained disinterested wisdom and compassion.
    and in Hinduism; Emancipation from ignorance and the extinction of all attachment.
    it also refers to: An ideal condition of rest, harmony, stability, or joy.

or look at the Sufi Mantra- LA ILAHA ILLA' LLAH or L-AH I- L-AH h AH I L AH l - AH- (There is no God but God)

This whole subject of sound as creator of our world, permeating into many dimensions, is far too complex to cover in one short post but I highly recommend that you read Nada Brahma. This book is truly life changing.

source: http://cosmiccipher.blogspot.com/

10. amazon1979

amazon1979 Banned MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +9
    Another post from the same blog

SOUND IS VIBRATION - and vibration is life
    The title says it all really. Watch these videos and combine this knowledge with the website I mentioned a few posts ago - Hans Kayser on harmonics - and my article on the Seven Universal Laws and you have 'The Secret'. As one author pointed out, even when you are dead, forces are interacting with your body causing it to vibrate in its decomposition to ashes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Io6lop3mk&eurl=http://cosmiccipher.blogspot.com/2008/05/sound-is-vibration-and-vibration-is.html

This video is part one of three. This particular series come with commentary but, for a fabulous (ear splitting) shorter video, please watch this one, below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sonpvUxGL8&eurl=http://cosmiccipher.blogspot.com/2008/05/sound-is-vibration-and-vibration-is.html

One of the explanations for how astrology 'works' has to be that the frequencies transmitted in the ethers, at the time of the formation of the embryo (culminating at birth) determine to what, and to whom, a person will have a natural resonance, or 'attunement' to throughout their life. These vibrational waves travelling across the Universe are (possibly) altered by the different locations of the planets and the angular distances between them and the Earth, at the location in question. In the final analysis everything is energy and we are all entangled in a giant matrix of it - light, colour, sound etc.

Looking at this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY6z2hLgYuY&feature=related) about resonance on You Tube, I was struck by the similarity of the opening shot to how the female human egg looks under the microscope just before the sperm is introduced in a procedure known as ICSI. This video also has more than one part. In subsequent ones, the perturbations of the sand/lycopodium, at certain brief junctures, mimic (to my eye) the embryo development as it divides before being implanted back into the woman's body in IVF treatment.

The obvious question here has to be, can the thought vibrations emanating from the people in any relationship to the embryo - not necessarily in proximity - have an effect on its development or viability? Can thoughts affect the outcome of IVF?

Moving on, here is a video that shows entrainment. Entrainment is a well known phenomenon that was first discovered when pendulum clocks, kept in close vicinity to each other, were noted to fall into a synchronous ticking motion. Nowadays the example most often given to show entrainment at work is the phenomenon of women sharing houses, or any living space, for a period of time. After a while their menstrual cycles will naturally fall into synchronisation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1TMZASCR-I&eurl=http://cosmiccipher.blogspot.com/2008/05/sound-is-vibration-and-vibration-is.html

Something else that I came across this week that dovetails nicely with this topic of vibration, especially in the thought world, is the work of Cell Biologist Dr Bruce Lipton.

We often believe that our children have inherited our traits and mannerisms and say, 'Oh it's in the genes' but Dr Lipton's research has shown that DNA doesn't control our biology, but the thoughts and signals from outside the cell do. He goes on to tell us .......

Epigenetic science demonstrates that the cell’s nucleus is a read-write hard disk, wherein gene software is programmed by the membrane’s response to environmental perceptions.

What this suggests to me is that, when you see your child do something and observe similarity to your own responses, they may actually have become entrained to your thought patterns and they are in synch with your beliefs and environmental circumstances. Consequently they grow up to be very similar.

You see this to some extent in the physical characteristics of adopted children. They often grow up to look uncannily like the non biological parents, something that cannot be explained away as just being similar mannerisms, or similar styles of clothing/haircuts.

This year, astrology wise, we have a Saturn/Uranus opposition. This speaks of significant break throughs (Uranus) in Science ( Saturn) and surprising changes (Uranus) to established beliefs and traditions (Saturn) especially in the area of information(Virgo) and waves (Pisces). As energy has a wave form I wonder what changes may arise to our established laws of physics?As Uranus in Pisces also corresponds to music, and Saturn in Virgo to the organisation of tones and composition, it may well be that there is some new information about how sound affects reality due to come to light - or at least being hotly debated (the opposition).

I'm just not sure about the truth at the heart of genetic research. However, watching the videos on cymatics (the study of vibration) above, one cannot help but see an obvious truth about creation - that we are all linked together via invisible sound frequencies.

In the beginning was the Word (sound).

When you look at the inter connectivity of the global village via the Internet it sounds incredibly analogous to one of Dr Lipton's observations about is discoveries in the area of cell communication.........

It was a transformational moment for me to discover that I am NOT a biochemical robot, but a spiritually controlled community of programmable cells who is now collaborating with other cell “communities”

Interesting times indeed!

Source: http://cosmiccipher.blogspot.com/2008/05/sound-is-vibration-and-vibration-is.html