Black People : Hidden Bruises

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by dstny, May 16, 2005.

1. dstny

dstny Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    When a child says he or she has been abused, it must be taken seriously.
    Sometimes the adult may feel uncomfortable and may not know what to say or do. How do you respond to a child who says they have been abused?
    A child close to the abuser may feel guilty, he or she may feel frightened if they are threatened by the abuser.

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Take them to the Hospital immediately! And have a face-to-face confrontation with the party or parties responsible for it. I experienced this when I was younger, and I could not stand to be silent. Something needed to be done, and something was done. If there was anything that I wanted out of that, that was that NONE of my friends or other younger cousins endured that kind of pain. That is the difference between speanking and BEATING. When a child is beaten, something needs to be done. Who is to say that when the child goes back home, they will not endure anything worse? Beating children ONLY contributes to children beating growing up beat, shoot, rob, and kill each other to death.

CD

3. Ledda

Ledda Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Absolutely!

I see now, why you've been so passionate in your responses to threads like this. I think there should be some new legislation acts brought up to protect children. We're seeing so many being killed not only by strangers, but the parents or caregivers as well. I would be in support of a law that says if you intentionally kill a child there's no chance for you to plea bargin in court, no insanity pleas or anything, you get a capital murder charge, a trial and if found guily, either life without parole or the death penalty. I wasn't in favor of the death penalty before but how can someone be so cruel?

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    That is what I am talking about!

When you abuse a child, you increase their chances of growing uop to abuse someone else. That is another thing that is wrong with bl;ack folks, and that has nothing to with racism.

When you hurt your child, and send them out the door to be humiliated in front of a group of friends, WHAT IS GOING THROUGH YOUR MIND? Life is getting very hard, and beating children will not the proper way to prepare them for a hard life.

Yes, kids should be disciplined - Hell, they have to be disciplined, but not every child is worthy of cruel treatment. I personally think that some parents should be evaluated for drug overdose, anger problems, or anything that will hint the doctors as to why children atre being beat the way they are. Let's start oput by evaluating the parents, and give the children a better home to go to.

CD