Single Black Mothers : Hi My Name is Destee and I am a Single Black Mother - Pregnant at 16 - Gave Birth at 17

This really touched my heart, Destee!

BRAVO! :toast:

:jumping: YAYYYYYY US! :lol:

SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE SINGLE MOTHERS AND THEIR CHILDREN!

I was not a single mother, but I am the product of a single mother. (Well, she was legally married but my father abandoned his family).

But I saw how she struggled, sacrificed and prayed and fought for her children. --I saw how she refused to allow their environment or their situation to direct their lives.

....Wouldn't let the streets have her sons...(She told one of my brothers that she'd kill him herself before she let him be in a gang.)

....Was an example of a woman to her daughters.

....taught all of her children to be self-sufficient and men/women of their word.

....encouraged education in her children...even went back to night school to finish her nursing degree.

....went without eating herself but her children never went to bed hungry.

....taught her daughters how to be ladies and her sons how to treat one.

...I know how it hurt her to have to tell her children they couldn't have something because she didn't have the money.

Yes, it's HARD being a single mother.

But, if it HAS BEEN DONE, IT CAN BE DONE.

And there are MILLIONS of other women who have raised their children alone, thru tough circumstances; and THEY MADE IT AND THEIR CHILDREN MADE IT!

YOU CAN DO IT TOO!

Don't sell yourself short!

Don't SETTLE for what you can GET but STRIVE for what you WANT!

awwwwww ... Thank You Sister Cherry ... :love:

lol @ your YAAAAAY USSSS !!! ... :lol: ... :love:

Thanks for the love ... for sharing ... for everything ... :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

I was not a single mother, but my heart goes out to those who are like you, who have had to struggle to raise your kids without the man's [father] support. You mentioned that you have a mother, who was also a single mother, and from a personal perspective, I read this and just thank God that I had a husband that did not leave me stranded because if he did, I would have been in trouble.

Thank You Sister ... for your love and sympathies ... (i got that from our new Sister Angeline) ... :love:

Folk make it be all so bad and stuff ... but it wasn't really so bad ... some folk had it worse

Some folk didn't have no Momma or Daddy ... or no legs ... or no arms ... or no eyes ...

There's always someone who's got it worse ... it's my hope though ... to encourage these young Sisters

Because it looks like folk are attacking them on way too many levels, and it just aint rite

I dun been thru mine ... i made it out alive ... my children are adults ... i'm not a GrandMother yet

The cycle can be broken ... children can thrive ... but not if you beat'n up their Mommas.

Thank you for your love ... for sharing your life with us ... 'cause we all go thru, sump'n or another.

I Love You! :kiss:

Destee

Thank You Sister ... for your love and sympathies ... (i got that from our new Sister Angeline) ... :love:

Folk make it be all so bad and stuff ... but it wasn't really so bad ... some folk had it worse

Some folk didn't have no Momma or Daddy ... or no legs ... or no arms ... or no eyes ...

There's always someone who's got it worse ... it's my hope though ... to encourage these young Sisters

Because it looks like folk are attacking them on way too many levels, and it just aint rite

I dun been thru mine ... i made it out alive ... my children are adults ... i'm not a GrandMother yet

The cycle can be broken ... children can thrive ... but not if you beat'n up their Mommas.

Thank you for your love ... for sharing your life with us ... 'cause we all go thru, sump'n or another.

I Love You! :kiss:

Destee

You're right, I agree about 'it could be worse' and 'others had it worse', but in light of your thread, I also agree about helping out teen mothers, and also about children not being able to thrive if their mothers are being beat up. I just want to make it clear too, that I feel passionate about responding to your thread because in my case, not only was my mother not there for me but, I was abused by her, I mean physically abused and etc. and say this because, as you say, there are many stories of teen mothers who had that kind of situation.

There are stories many stories, I'm sure of teen mothers who had have to endure all kinds of obstacles and my heart goes out to them all. But when you said that children can't thrive if their mothers are being beat up on, it hits me hard because I can take that statement different ways due to my struggle over being abused by my mother, when even after I became a mother. Nevertheless, I don't feel anyone should be 'beat up on' whether they are bad or good especially if children are stuck in a vulnerable situation. I would never, and still would not want anyone to harm my mother, but I just know in my heart that all wrongs will be righted...one day.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back