Single Black Mothers : Hi My Name is Destee and I am a Single Black Mother - Pregnant at 16 - Gave Birth at 17

Peace and Blessings Family,

My name is Destee and I am a Single Black Mother - Pregnant at 16 - Gave Birth at 17.

I have a Son and Daughter, with my Son the oldest. They are both adults, free, alive, and able to stand on their own.

I adopted my niece, who is now a young adult herself. My Mother was a Single Black Mother too.

While Single Black Mothers are getting all kinds of negative stuff, you hold the future in your hands.

I am here to offer whatever insight my experience, already having walked this road, can possibly provide.

Sometimes just having someone to ask, or knowing someone who has done it, can mean a lot.

It's hard raising babies by yourself ... it was hard when i did it ... and i believe it's even harder now.

So ... for you young Single Black Mothers ... that need a support system ... come right on over and introduce yourself ... :love:

I won't be going easy on you ... the stuff i say you may not like ... but it will be done with my greatest hope for you and your children.

Of course you're always free to throw any or all i say away, moving forward however you'd like.

Just know that i love you ... i understand the great responsibility on your shoulders ... and believe you can do it successfully.

Love You! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

I was not a single mother, but my heart goes out to those who are like you, who have had to struggle to raise your kids without the man's [father] support. You mentioned that you have a mother, who was also a single mother, and from a personal perspective, I read this and just thank God that I had a husband that did not leave me stranded because if he did, I would have been in trouble.

Bless your heart Destee. Like you,..i was a young mother, too.

I was 18 yrs old in love with a married man and had his son. He didn't want to meet him and i didn't make him.

I moved to another city and met another man and had his 2 sons, but that was an abusive relationship. Why i put up with it for 10yrs is beyond me? I really don't know why, i just did. Got tired of it and left, tho.

Met another man and we have 2 children, a boy and a girl. He treats me like a million dollar bill. I wouldn't trade him for the world.

You're right Destee, we have to reach out and teach people with our stories. Our testimony could be someone's elses answer when they are being hurt.

Good thread.

I don't know how you were able to cope with being rejected by that married man like that after you had his son! Man! That is just heart wrenching. You know, when I was young I was approached my many married men, but there was only one time that I almost became caught in a trap...and I can only thank God that I did not get pregnant, because i found out that he was married after...but when I found out, I hated him so much and ended the relationship abruptly because I could not understand why he would try and trick me into a relationship with him when he was married, and i put myself in the place of his wife. At any rate, congrats!--on finding a man and a relationship that the both of you can share your love with each other so beautifully as you have described.

:bowdown: the only saving grace of the African Nation(s) is the African Woman! :bowdown:

That's something people tend to forget. Genuine African society is usually matriarcal. I wish the men would stop fooling around and take their share of resposibility like brother James has done at the age of 18.

The non-blacks are trying to poison our mind with their ideology that treat women as objects. It's an Arab and European mentality and is unafrican.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back