The Front Porch : hi... I left USA... racism too much to bear...

I will never return.
But I do miss talking with us.

:hello: inu ... :welcome1: :welcome: :welcome1:

Thanks for joining us and sharing!

From what i read, you're happy with your choice to live in Japan ... very good ... :)

Add to that, you don't have to miss us, 'cause you can come here and talk to us 24/7 ... :)

So it sounds like a win-win to me! ... :toast: ... CONGRATULATIONS ... :toast:

Please make yourself right at home, because you are!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Racism is a system of oppression.. it's always in your face and your life.. it's not something that can be hidden. Japanese jails are not filled with black people.. Japanese streets are not filled with drugs.. japanese police are not killing black people.. japanese courts are not railroading black people.. Japanese schools are not failing black people.. it is a modern myth that the system of Racism that exists in the united States exists everywhere.. that's something folks tell themselves to make themselves feel better.

There is simply not enough blacks in Japan to see blacks railroaded, failed in school, and if you commit a serious crime, they will just deport you with a permanent ban.

I understand what you are saying and when I was much younger I was just like Inu and felt the same way about Japan. As my ear for the language developed I noticed some of the most hateful things being said about blacks by them in my presense....of course them assuming that I did not speak or understand japanese.

There is simply not enough blacks in Japan to see blacks railroaded, failed in school, and if you commit a serious crime, they will just deport you with a permanent ban.

I understand what you are saying and when I was much younger I was just like Inu and felt the same way about Japan. As my ear for the language developed I noticed some of the most hateful things being said about blacks by them in my presense....of course them assuming that I did not speak or understand japanese.

Well, being that my husband and myself are both black and are not in denial about the consequences of integration (including interracial dating), here is a way you can get ahead without selling out or being a tom.

Work with Japanese online. Do not move there as you do not always have to build bridges in person. Go on elance or a similar site and outsource for their talent. Make them deliver positive media about us.

And if a Japanese racist talks about your heritage you fight back and say Rape of Nangking ****. These idioits that are racist tend to be in denial about how evil they are. Thats why they have trouble keeping their own women. They sell out like hell to white men while the men sell out to blond anime girls.They also act gay...what seems to be what a real Japanese woman prefers.

I am not a pollyanna and I am not Asian, despite whomever may left because of my opinion. I am about building bridges with nations that are richer than us and giving back to our community.

Elance can also work with Africans, but of the ones I dealt with they did not have those resources. Give me one of us with the skills I need, and i will hire them.

As far as romantic ties, we need to stay with our own because they have an evil history...if that is the underlying reason we cannot consider jobs abroad.

However, even if u go to Africa, there is the concern of cultural differences. I dated two....and that is why things could not work out. But if you can embrace the culture....and act more submissive and domestic with your husband you can adapt. You just have to tolerate leaving your family....a decision I could never make.

Keep all this in mind before moving, especially as a woman.

I see that your screen name is Inu. Inu means dog in japanese. Why did you choose that name? I lived in Japan for 3.5 years and if you moved to Japan to "escape' racism then I would say that it was a bad choice. Japan is extremely racist, it's just that they don't put it in your face.

I'm sorry if I did not answer your post... I am totally new here and I'm still not sure how to navigate.

Yeah... I think I answered you or someone else (I dunno... I'm still learning here) about the "escape racism" thing.
Summary: It's not about escape... it's just about getting the volume turned down from 11 (America).

OK... now the question I missed.
Why did I choose the name "dog".
Good question.
I understand that the use of the word "dog" would have a derogatory meaning in many places around the world.
But, for me it really is a kind of poetic way I see things in my head.

Almost like when one reads old fables.

Dog stands up and speaks to the other animals, "There is a path through the woods."​
Cat is doubtful that the path leads anywhere at all.​
But, Rabbit, saying nothing, simply starts walking along the path into the woods.​

Yeah... that's how I see things in my head.

Wow... that's a good question.

You say you lived in Japan for 3.5 years?
What did you do?
Where abouts?
What was it like for you?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back