Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Hi, I am a newbie who needs a little advice

JaylaMaria111 said:
I am a black woman and I have a guy friend who thinks that nappy hair is unattractive on a black woman. For some reason, this bothers me. Although, I know he has a right to his own preference something about that just doens't sit too well with me. He has said some very negative remarks about natural hair saying it looks "undone" and "wild", very narrowminded. I have even considered ending our friendship.

What do you all think of this? Am I wrong for feeling this way?

Peace Sistah Jayla (if I may call you that) and Welcome to the Destee Family!

Given the fact that we are speaking of a friendship, I feel that as a friend, you should let him know how you feel about his remarks, and tell him while he is entitled to his own opinion, you would appreciate it if he kept his comments/remarks to himself. No real friend will make you uncomfortable in any way, shape or form, especially if he values your friendship. Of course I am assuming that you do not do the same thing to him. Then again, like I said, it would be better for him to keep his comments to himself.

Hope my .2 was helpful to you. You are at home here with the Destee Family!

KWABENA

jamesfrmphilly said:
get a brother who likes what you got. he sounds ill to me. i would not take the time. if you want to be abused, that is your choice.
I could say he is a self-hatin fool that hates his mama, but that would be too rash!

How's this. He sho don't like himself. Has he looked in the mirror lately?

What about this, don't waste your time!
Can't change people. He needs to get a straight head woman and you need to move on!

Whatever!!?

Guess I have a lot to say...lol

The Funny Ironic Part is HE wears his hair Natural

Hello Sister JaylaMaria(Beautiful Name:))
The reason why He can wear his hair, the way he does is....It is acceptable in Todays Culture(ugh!) For a BLack man to keep his Condition.....Maybe because their minds are conditioned enough that they can withstand the Barrier of knowledge of self....
Womens minds are more in depth and it takes more that just changing a few ways of life....It is eeded to change Mind and Appearance, Because in that aspect Women feel more Broken(unattached) so reconciling with her NATURAL self....
Black men began to facilitate in a way..
I know you have a certain issue that you are looking for advice on...but more understanding some of the problem might help as well:)(or I just wanna talk a little:D)
I had an Older man about 3 weeks ago call me an angiemama, anchimima auntjamima(I do not even know how to spell it...smh) Then he told me to get a perm.........:SuN045:

In a most likely case, I do not have to elaborate on 1. what i thought about that
2. the propable mind-set of a BLACK BROTHER
But then I wqent on to realize that African Men suffer also....
When I took a look and realized that Du-Rags promote changing the natural sway of African hair...by giving "waves" The appearance of "good hair"
(even the saying "good hair"...It's sad)

Young men get perms so the can have Straight braids....EVEN FLAT PRESSES!
It's a Contagious Disease.......Only few have the cure to....and it seem to be decreasing

Sister please reserve your cure
By you just Living Natrally and not submitting to what we "should" look like according to "others" You are saving a peice of the cure(I know I am Corny:))

When That man says that you need a perm You let him know where he got it from!
EDUCATE HIS BEHIND
He will be mad.....
But WHo Loves Him more......I am sure it's not the "others"
If Black is Beautiful, Why Does Black Need a Chemical Change?
Mch Love Sis
Peace
and GOD Bless:)
(from on Natural Sistah to another:hearts2:)
I hope I was of some help...
If Not.....I'LL BE BACK!!:10200:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back