The Front Porch : Hi...friends.

Discussion in 'The Front Porch' started by Paul Smith, May 3, 2012.

1. Paul Smith

Paul Smith New Member MEMBER

Health Consultant
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to Everybody, This is Paul here.... I have just completed my Graduation in Medical Science and I'm working as a Freelance Health Consultant and Editor for various Online Health Care websites. I'm committed to provide information about Mne's Health Issues, Women's Health. As well as treatments on Hair loss, Weight loss, Diabetes, Eye care and many more. Really I'm getting very happy to be joining WellSphere site. It's Just Awesome.

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

Welcome...I guess I can judge by your photo, providing that that is you, that you are fairly young. I want to offer you a idea that is way past its time in the area of medicine or medical care. I'm trusting that your mind is receptive enough to understand where I'm coming from without there being any perceived thoughts of racism being in your mind as coming from me. I think that you may want to begin some serious research into medicine and genetics in healing and health care. Right now the medical profession deals with health and health care like a clothes factory....you know, "one size fits all". As such, the industry does not or has not, either consciously or subconsciously, taken into consideration that (regardless of the propaganda) all people are not the same as ethnic groups or races.

Sure, we're all the human race, right? This is not my contention. My contention is that you are a Smith Corona typewriter, I'm a Brother typewriter, the next person is an IBM typewriter. We are all type writers but we are typewriters that require "different ribbons" in order for us to function correctly. This is how I see humans on the planet. Genetically there are differences within us that have taken place for thousands and millions of years that correlate directly with our diet and our health needs. For example: the amino acid "L-tryptophane" is a natural amino acid, but it was discovered that this particular amino acid was having adverse effects upon people of European ancestry and so it was made illegal. What's the problem here? The problem is that, where it was having adverse effects on European people, the effects on African people is different. As it turns out, we as a people need and actually require this specific amino acid for our well being. Therefore we see the bias in medicine or the "one size fits all" mentality there.

This was simply a small example although there are many. The problem is that the medical profession does not want to admit that there are disparities or racial blind spots in medical care or medicine....and as such, the medical profession has lost the honesty and integrity of its profession in terms of addressing the needs of the people on this planet. Another good example is in your schooling. The skeleton that you used in your class was of European origin. Yet medical science admits that the bones of African people are denser or thicker than Europeans. What does this mean? It means that if I as a black man am being diagnosed by European health standards, then I already have another problem outside of the one that I went to the doctor for in the first place.

In closing, if you intend on working and honestly helping people in the future, you're going to have to dare to go beyond the conditioning that you've been given in order to address the population of the world as opposed to just European clients.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    :hi: Welcome Paul to destee.com community
    welcome to the place of love peace & respect
    welcome within the world of Med & health care
    do enjoy your stay........:wave:

4. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    welcome Paul Smith.

I see that you have been welcomed by Mr. Kenyatta. His concerns are valid and i would be interested in reading your response. oftentimes, as Africans, our concerns are ignored not only by the medical profession but by every other profession that uses the european majority as a measuring stick by which to base their decisions...refusing to accept the fact that by ignoring our differences, they're endangering our lives. OR...IS THAT YOUR POINT, Paul Smith?

A TOAST...to the wellness of us all.

welcome to the playground.

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Welcome to Destee.com Paul, enjoy your stay.

Peace In,

6. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    Guys, this guy is here to advertise some product.