Health and Wellness : Hi! Do You Know Someone Who Struggles To Afford Their Prescription Medications?

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by ckoolbreez, Apr 23, 2012.

?

Do You Know Someone Who Has Difficulty Affording Their Prescription medications?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ckoolbreez

ckoolbreez Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +39
    If you or someone you know needs free help to discount the cost of their prescription medication, visit angelwealthrx.com
    It can be the difference between someone in need filling a prescription or doing without.

2. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    I don't know anything about angelwealthrx.com, but I can provide a few other tips to anyone in that situation. Fortunately, I was recently approved for medicaid, but prior to that I ended up going two weeks without meds until I found out the following options:

1) Apply for Medicaid even if you think you won't be approved. The worst that can happen is you get turned down. If approved, Medicaid typically pays either all the cost of a prescription or all but a small co-pay. Typically, you can apply thru your state's DFCS offices [Dept of Family and Children Services].
    2) Several large drug companies [Pfizer I know is one of them] have patient assistance programs which allow persons with low income to get deep discounts. Be aforewarned, as I found out, it might be harder to get approved if you have no income. The rub is that it is easier to prove you have low than no income. The best way I found to try this is to visit a homeless shelter and ask someone there where a clinic is that treats homeless people. The object here is not for you to be treated there, but that such clinics have case managers who can explain to you how to apply for the aforementioned patient assistance programs.
    3) Some states have drug discount cards which sound similar to angelwealthrx's card. My state, Florida, has one: http://www.floridadiscountdrugcard.com/

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    There are many who may need this help !