The Front Porch : Hi all. Khadija here!

Some of your names I've seen on other boards, so looks like a good group here. My interests are black people, black culture, black kids, anything black. Since y'all are all about blackness here, I hope I fit in. :)

:hello: Kadijah ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing!

Browsing the forum, i saw where you have some questions about how the Spirituality / Religion discussions work. Sorry for the confusion, as it can be confusing, and i problee need to make it more clear out the gate (and will put it on my to-do list). In an effort to explain how it works, here we go ...

1. We have our Main Spirituality / Religion Forum, where all paths are welcome to be discussed, and it has the reputation of being quite contentious at times. Given the nature of all the different paths, each touting itself as the right and proper one, it's no surprise that there have been quite a few respectful knock-down drag-outs in this forum. All of this is okay, in this, the Main Spirituality / Religion Forum. After years of every path being relegated to this one area, leaving little space for the adherents of each to actually hear themselves, build together, or answer sincere questions from those seeking information ... our Beloved Brother kemetkind suggested we create the Study Group Forums.

2. The Study Group Forums were all created per the request of a Member wanting a more peaceful, respectful place than our Main Spirituality Forum provides. Every path can have a forum there, all one has to do is ask, and they'll receive like consideration / protection. Over the years, it's been challenging to get folk to not go into these forums with the same contentious energy found in the Main Spirituality Forum ... and as a result ... our highest standards are found in these forums. The rules in these forums, do not apply in the other forums. One could be kicked completely out of ALL THE STUDY GROUP FORUMS for one violation in any (i.e., bringing anything that remotely resembles contentious, argumentative, disproving, combative energies within).

3. That's probably why folk were saying you could be banned from the Study Group Areas. They know, with some having learned the hard way, and trying to keep you from experiencing the same. It's tricky because you don't always realize you're posting in a Study Group Forum. Oftentimes one will simply see the title of a thread and respond, not aware of which forum they are actually in. So please do take notice to where you're posting, as the threads are marked with the forum they are in ... and if you're in a Study Group Forum (there will be some indication), you're automatically held to a higher standard.

4. If you have respectful challenges for other paths, they are welcome, but they need to go in the Main Spirituality Forum, not in any of the Study Group Forums. They are like protected air space around here ... :)

5. If you'd like your own path represented in the Study Groups, and it's not already, just make the request and it will receive the same consideration ... makes no difference what that path is.

Here's the Study Group Forums Rule Thread for more information.

If you have any questions or concerns, just let us know.

Again ... thanks for joining us, and make yourself right at home, because you are.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back