Black Relationships : Hey I need your views on this

Independant

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
I've just started college and everythings cool right now.I'm on track with all my work etc.I go to a community College and i still live at home.I know some people are probably thinking "She should be focused on her work",But i believe that "i shouldn't miss opportunities".Ok here's what's up. I like this boy that's 17 and alot of people think its wrong for me to date him,various family members including.I really like him but he's still in high school and im in college.We've been talking for a while know and he told me he really likes me and wants to meet up.*i havent done anything sexually with any of my previous partners*. I dont really think a years a big difference.But could there be concequences to getting with a high school boy?

Independant said:
I've just started college and everythings cool right now.I'm on track with all my work etc.I go to a community College and i still live at home.I know some people are probably thinking "She should be focused on her work",But i believe that "i shouldn't miss opportunities".Ok here's what's up. I like this boy that's 17 and alot of people think its wrong for me to date him,various family members including.I really like him but he's still in high school and im in college.We've been talking for a while know and he told me he really likes me and wants to meet up.*i havent done anything sexually with any of my previous partners*. I dont really think a years a big difference.But could there be consequences to getting with a high school boy?
is he a boy or an individual?

i would suggest that you deal with individuals.
as far as missing opportunities, do you think there will never be another male in your life and so you have to jump on the first one you see?

both of you should be dealing with getting an education.
are you on the dean's list?

other than that, having a friend is not a bad thing.

BTW - my wife was five years older than myself.

Independant said:
I've just started college and everythings cool right now.I'm on track with all my work etc.I go to a community College and i still live at home.I know some people are probably thinking "She should be focused on her work",But i believe that "i shouldn't miss opportunities".Ok here's what's up. I like this boy that's 17 and alot of people think its wrong for me to date him,various family members including.I really like him but he's still in high school and im in college.We've been talking for a while know and he told me he really likes me and wants to meet up.*i havent done anything sexually with any of my previous partners*. I dont really think a years a big difference.But could there be concequences to getting with a high school boy?
If I were you, I'd listen to my family members. They know more about you than you think. And they definitely know more about you than we do.

It's obvious that you're already seeing, hanging around or talking with him. Just let it develop naturally. You don't have to rush into a committed relationship just because you like something about this guy. If you did that, then you would be making a serious decision based on how you feel about him only and not on how you feel and what you know about him. So, just relax and take it slow.

HOWEVER, continue to hit those books. Strive to succeed in the area of self-evolution through self-development. Find those things that interest you and pursue them...outside of this guy. :lol: Trust me, you'll be better in the future with or without this guy.

Take care.

Be good to yourself.

:grouphug:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back