Destee Network : Hey! Finally decided to join up

... I know a lot of brothers and sisters here can relate to the issue surrounding homeless black men and especially black women and children, which has risen over the past few years or so, especially in my city.

Thank you brother for the warm welcome. :)

After reading this update on your GoFundMe:

"Today I had the opportunity to actually speak with him on a more direct basis, and he told about his life as a whole, how he was a veteran, and had served in the first Iraqi war, but had hit very hard times, lost family members and also had developed a tumor. It was such a great time to speak with him and it was my honor to once again help him out. I gave him $20 of my own money today and brought him with me to sit down in an Olive Garden Restaraunt and bought him a meal."

Are you aware of the many government assistance programs available for Veterans?

After reading this update on your GoFundMe:

"Today I had the opportunity to actually speak with him on a more direct basis, and he told about his life as a whole, how he was a veteran, and had served in the first Iraqi war, but had hit very hard times, lost family members and also had developed a tumor. It was such a great time to speak with him and it was my honor to once again help him out. I gave him $20 of my own money today and brought him with me to sit down in an Olive Garden Restaraunt and bought him a meal."

Are you aware of the many government assistance programs available for Veterans?

Yes, you're correct, but this man, has seemingly been down and out for many years now. There seems to be no help for him. He is simply out and about digging through garbage cans. I just hate to see this. I have to help with whatever I can do. From what I've heard there are many vets that seem to get no help, and then combine that with being a black man down and out of luck, its a double hit.

Yes, you're correct, but this man, has seemingly been down and out for many years now. There seems to be no help for him. He is simply out and about digging through garbage cans. I just hate to see this. I have to help with whatever I can do. From what I've heard there are many vets that seem to get no help, and then combine that with being a black man down and out of luck, its a double hit.

WoW! My heart goes out to you, Igbo Blood, and the folk you are helping. Stay encouraged, but also consider pursuing those governmental benefits while Mr. Obama is still in office. Have you thought about preparing a White Paper and sending it directly to the President?

Still no donations, but I won't give up. I post my site everywhere I can. :) Here's an update for today, as me and my group will be heading out to help feed some brothers and sisters in need today.

Looking forward to today, as me and my group go around our ward and will be bringing in those that want to come to a small dinner we're having and paid for by all of the group. :)

I don't expect a crowdfund such as the one i'm undertaking to get off the ground fast, due to the current perceptions of homeless people in this country, but hopefully soon, people that come across my fund will see the need and feel it in their hearts to donate.

Peace and Blessings

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back