Destee Network : Hey! Finally decided to join up

Discussion in 'Destee Network :' started by Igbo Blood, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Igbo Blood

Igbo Blood Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hey all, just joined up today, just introducing myself! I wanted to start off in my first introduction, explaining a mission and goal of mine and some brothers and sisters in my area, where we want to geta fund going to feed,clothe and eventually permanatly shelter homeless black men,women and children throughout our city that we can get to.

Also I have a gofundme set up for reaching out and helping homeless black men,women and children around my city that I come across.

I thought of the idea after me and a few brothers and sisters went throughout our ward and thought it a noble idea for us as a people to do more than just talk about black empowerment. I want to act on it. I have spent hundreds of my own dollars to help purchase groceries and clothing from a local goodwill for brothers and sisters I come across. I also have a noble idea where I want to build a shelter where I can help house homeless black men and women and children(especially).

I need as much help as I can get to set this in motion. I thought what better way to do so than to coordinate with those that would want to donate to a great cause. I set the bar at $5,000, but thats just really for the shelter I want to build. Really to start off, anything would do, so as I can on a daily basis go around my ward in my city and purchase food and clothing for these folk who have it hard.

If you are interested and have the heart to help out in my mission, please donate here:

Peace and Blessings All!

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

Hey Igbo Blood, glad you made that decision to join. Had you thought about joining long? Good luck with funding the project for the homeless.

Hey! Finally decided to join up

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Igbo Blood

Igbo Blood Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +6
    Appreciate it brother! And yes at first I just enjoyed reading up on the site and the many subjects, but i'm sort of a lowkey type brother, but the site seems warm and welcoming, so I wanted to go ahead and join, especially with my new funding project.

I know a lot of brothers and sisters here can relate to the issue surrounding homeless black men and especially black women and children, which has risen over the past few years or so, especially in my city.

Thank you brother for the warm welcome. :)

• Respectful Respectful x 1
    • List
  4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Yes Sir, you are very welcome (yvw) Igbo Blood. Its always a good thing when a guest becomes a member, after enjoying our Archives, where there is no dearth of valuable information for our Community.

5. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,926
    Hello, and welcome to Destee. :10200:

I'm also glad to see that you have decided to join, thank you.:toast:

I wish you luck with this project that you have going...;)

Peace!

6. Igbo Blood

Igbo Blood Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thank you! I know people feel the same as I do about this. But I also look to network with the brothers and sisters here at Destee.

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

After reading this update on your GoFundMe:

"Today I had the opportunity to actually speak with him on a more direct basis, and he told about his life as a whole, how he was a veteran, and had served in the first Iraqi war, but had hit very hard times, lost family members and also had developed a tumor. It was such a great time to speak with him and it was my honor to once again help him out. I gave him $20 of my own money today and brought him with me to sit down in an Olive Garden Restaraunt and bought him a meal."

Are you aware of the many government assistance programs available for Veterans?

8. Igbo Blood

Igbo Blood Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yes, you're correct, but this man, has seemingly been down and out for many years now. There seems to be no help for him. He is simply out and about digging through garbage cans. I just hate to see this. I have to help with whatever I can do. From what I've heard there are many vets that seem to get no help, and then combine that with being a black man down and out of luck, its a double hit.

• Respectful Respectful x 1
    • List
  9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

WoW! My heart goes out to you, Igbo Blood, and the folk you are helping. Stay encouraged, but also consider pursuing those governmental benefits while Mr. Obama is still in office. Have you thought about preparing a White Paper and sending it directly to the President?

10. Igbo Blood

Igbo Blood Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +6
    Still no donations, but I won't give up. I post my site everywhere I can. :) Here's an update for today, as me and my group will be heading out to help feed some brothers and sisters in need today.

Looking forward to today, as me and my group go around our ward and will be bringing in those that want to come to a small dinner we're having and paid for by all of the group. :)

I don't expect a crowdfund such as the one i'm undertaking to get off the ground fast, due to the current perceptions of homeless people in this country, but hopefully soon, people that come across my fund will see the need and feel it in their hearts to donate.

Peace and Blessings

• Hospitable Hospitable x 1
    • List