Black Travel : Hey family, Anyone here from or frequent Kansas City, Missouri??

Discussion in 'Black Travel' started by triniti424, Oct 31, 2008.

1. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    I guess this goes in here :read:
    Not really REAL travel lol but anywho-
    Anyone in our Destee family live in Kansas City or are familiar with the weather this time of the year :?:
    Im doing my um "family holiday greetings run" :run: and stopping there the weekend before thanksgiving. With the extra baggage fees and so forth I want to bring only what I need. I've been to Vegas, Seattle, New Mexico, & Lousiana enough to know what to anticipate but its the first time Ive had to stop at Kansas City? Do I pack warm? Here in the bay a light jacket is as much as warm dress as you need so far. Anyone? :look:

2. triniti424

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    :look: Hmmmm I guess not LOL
    ah well... weather.com & crossed fingers will have to work :thinking:

3. 4EVERLUV

4EVERLUV Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55
    Hey triniti:
    I am not from Kansas, however my boss is and travels there quite frequently. Because of your post, I asked her and she said around Thanksgiving it will be quite chilly, so you might want to pack accordingly. Hope my little tid bit helps. I'm traveling to the east coast for the first time the week before Thanksgiving so I know where you are coming from. I tend to over pack ALL the time. Mostly because its hard for me to chose an outfit per day, I have to options, choices, and what if scenarios (what if I go here...what if I go there). There's noting like being in a different climate and not have the appropriate clothing. I live in the South,TX on top up that so you know what I am use to. I would still check weather.com before you leave, you never know. Our weather has be a trip latley, cold in the mornings, hot in the afternoon and cold again in the evening and at nite.
    Hope you have a safe and fun trip.

4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    say hello to dorthy and toto 4 me...lol

one love
    khasm

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Big Fun!

triniti424,

In as much as you prefaced this thread with Anyone, I am certainly within my rights to request your presence in Mississippi after your visit to Kansas City, you will find the weather very pleasant here.

So, we are rolling out the Red Carpet in anticipation of your acceptance to this invite. Whatever you do, please don't disappoint those expectiing your arrival. Also, repondez s'il vous plait(RSVP) your intentions, and be nice about it:) And remember above all, I Love You triniti424, with all my Heart!

6. triniti424

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    Thanks my loves!

Thank u sister 4EVERLUV! Girl yes smh I wear a lot of wrap arounds and skirts here cause the bay is almost always pretty nice. But Im gonna pack pants instead cause aint nothin cute about a frozen booty lol You hit it on the head @ over pack ALL the time. I cant afford these surcharges for the extra luggages so I have to pack smart lol. Thanks again sister :)

:rolleyes: When you grow up will you finally be funny :look: :read: Just wonderin hon
    Ahhh Brother Clyde... you's a complicated cat lol A red carpet is wasted on me Brother lol I have a sick Uncle in Independence Missouri so I'm going to spend some time with him before I rest my hat back at home. Thanks for the info Brother C! :)

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Ahhh...thank you for the reply triniti424, and playing along; hope Uncle gets better, I have him in my prayers, and do have a safe trip back triniti424, I still love you though:)