Black Poetry : Hey Fam, Friday I will be leaving home for a while

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by blakverb, May 23, 2001.

1. blakverb

blakverb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    Hey fam,

I have been in deep thought for a while on various issues. One being where I think I stand on a "poetical" level, I feel that while I may write things that inspire my skills need refining and I need to "go back to the lab". Other issues abound as life presents them with no remorse. I have a book I've been working on that needs full attention as well as one that needs more than that since it has been done a while and I need to bring it to life. With those few things said my last day posting will be Friday. I will reply to all the wonderful pieces I've read but have not had the time to "meaningfully" reply to and most likely continue to reply as I enjoy the inspiration and motivation that so all of you give me. There have been times where the only peace I've found is here, AT HOME.

I want to thank everyone for there blessed vibes, but, particularly the following scribes:GQ-my main man, my poetical road dawg! From my time at afronet to now you have always showed a brother love and for that you have a brother for life -no joke. You know how to contact me, dnommo - my twin! Brother sometimes I read you and think, "dang was this brother in my head or what" keep it spiritually sound here and I might be getting at ya' on some things regarding that also (We will get the piece done regarding Genesis before I go, I'll send you something), afridancr - Sister, you know how I feel about you. That positive spirit you possess will take you straight to North Carolina, just send me an address so I can check you out (and you also know how to get in touch with a brother),
    GA SunShyne - "Sweet Georgia Peach" I will always know what love is because of reading you - "it's what you do" our conversations have been delightful (and I will send you a draft of the book...hmmm...email me a current addy), Destee - "mama" thanks for keeping the light on when a young man couldn't find his way home! I'm so appreciative of this home that you have created to provide a platform for so many voices to be heard...I will still moderate for the site...it's my obligation...my pay to you for your gift...and we need to talk about an anthology, Hunter - Miss "Vagina Chronicles" I am waiting for the book! When I'm in the Detroit area I might be able to get to Canada hit me with some info, alyce - your replies to my work always reminds me that "words do matter" and that old played out kids saying that "names (words) will never hurt me" is bull...words can move the masses. thank you, Hypnotize - "lil' bro", what can I say your skills have evolved into something "Etheridge Knight like" , cindy - lady, you are a queen. Color does not designate that character does and by the emotions behind your work it appears you have much. When I refer to the sisters on this site I mean "Queen" from two different angles, the aforementioned and "African" queen because they are so beautiful and what the struggles sisters have had to make during the African-American experience without them there is no me or any other brother walking this planet-the sad thing is not all brothers recognize that so I call the sisters "queens" to let them know that they are loved and adored (A little history lesson. Richard Leakey and many other anthropologists note that the first human was from Africa, that Africa was the cradle of civilization...so what does that mean...deduce for yourself, if you have any questions email me), UbZorbsHUN - Queen with the name it took me a while to pronounce thank you for your support, Street So'ja - the fire that burns within you is amazing, the revolution will be televised! Keep up the good work, $$RICH$$ - money man! You have been in a brother's corner for a long time if we as blak men across the world stood in each others corner on the whole we would be a SERIOUS force, Wildflower7 - Sister from walking in from the "fire escape" to this, we have a poetical connection that will result in that book I spoke of, I'll keep you posted (email me your eamil addy again,thanks)...and last but befinitely not least

Miss N2UrSoul - this here ya'll is a beautiful sister, because of you I have found a portion of me that was hiding in the corner collecting dust, you helped my mind breathe. Your talent is admired...Nikki...oops, my bad. Keep hitting me with that pen for real. I have to go get N2mySoul.

Whoever I missed believe it was unintentional and I hold you in my heart. Because of you all I have grown more and am a better person than when I came. I have to go know and get as many scribes as I can get iin before Friday.

....Ya'll please keep the light on for me, I will be back.

one love and God bless, blakverb aka sean

**IF anyone needs assistance in writing hit me on my email [email protected]. I have a little insight that might be of help.

2. Natasha

Natasha Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    blak, let me be the first to say
    I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your work
    it has been an inspiration and a joy
    good luck on that book , even though it may be done as far as writting I know its going to be some work to get it where u want it to be. I look forward to reading ypur postswhen you come back !
    :kiss:
    much love and respect to a true master scribe

3. GQ

GQ Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States Air Force
    Ratings:
    +3
    You already know how I feel!!!! Nothing but respect brotha!!!

Looking forward to having that "drank" on the real!!!!

Peace
    GQ

4. Afridancr

Afridancr Well-Known Member MEMBER

African Dance Instructor/Cultural Educator
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I read with teary eyes...

my heart goes out to you. Blak, you are a wonderful person and your spirit is filled with love and compassion for all. I am surprised yet honored that you'd include me in this peace. :)

You've been a blessing and an inspiration for me and I thank God for your friendship.

North Carolina???...Well, keep prayin cause last night I watched the tape!!!!!:eek: LOL

Until your poetic return...God bless!

:heart: Ya bunches

5. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    verb

my dearest sweet verb, I understand that you must go your way in order to prepare for the journey and tasks ahead. Let me say I have been blessed by you. From your political to your historical to your erotic. You have touched me in so many positive ways. I have never met you in the physical, but I have met you in the mental, emotional, the poetical. I can truly say you have a special place in my heart. I am here for you if you need me. You and yours are in my prayers. Looking foward to those masterpieces that you are creating. Don't forget about home, cause we ain't gone forget about you. You like warm Peach Cobbla, you make the soul feel good. One love, may God protect you and light your path. In your time of need call on Him, when all else fails look for Him, when you feel as if you at your whitts end, open ya eyes and he'll be there. As will we. I ain't gone preach or nothing....I got the addy.

Love ya
    Ub

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    you bring tears to a soul ...
    then gently wipe them with blak verbs
    ... you'll still be our moderator!!!

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

that's good enough for me!!
    i'm happy as a bee !!!

:)

The light will always be on for you
    and i'll even make sure that 'Zorbsh'n
    don't slobber on your pillow if she
    sleeps in your bed !!! :lol:

Wow ... while i feel like i'm losing a friend
    you've given me the confidence to know
    that i'm not ... thank you!!!

Let us know about the book ... shoot ...
    we got at least 200 folks right here that
    would be willing to support a Brotha ...
    ya know??!!!

Much Much Much Success

:heart:

Destee

7. N2urSoul

N2urSoul Well-Known Member MEMBER

Director, Community Employment Strategies
    Ratings:
    +1
    Blak~

I must be the luckiest sista on the boardz here
    because I do truly KNOW YOU in every aspect
    of your B.E.I.N.G--happy, sad, afraid, tempted, weak, strong, loving, kind, healing, and confident...as well as knowing just how damned FINE you are! :wink:

Your encouragement allowed me to share my gift with my new found family here on Destee...it would have never come to fruition with out your pushing me to flow forth!

In all seriousness Sean, I couldn't have it mo' betta than to see you everyday :D
    at work... or when we're hanging out, it's a blessing in disguise that we are near
    in proximity and in spirit...I'm glad we talk everyday!

I don't say good-bye
    instead I say--
    "Good Luck"... For when I
    met you, your book was
    #1 (top priority), and I do
    know how sometimes
    obstacles (like myself) can
    unintentionally become
    distractions...(you'll learn the
    art of "Balance" in time) :wink:

I also want
    you to personally know
    that as my friend and
    confidant
    you should always feel
    comfortable in
    talking with me about
    'any' and 'every' thing
    under the stars
    just know that I Am
    here for you...remember this:
    My Poetical Marriage
    is to you~
    .........til
    ...........death
    .............do
    ................us
    ...................part

I'm sure I'll be reading you behind the scenes! :heart: ya' Boo!

8. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    entering from the garden wearing black

verb,

we speak so much of the similarities in us and today i beam with joy over the valdidity of it. i too have taken many a hiatus for it is a time of enlightenment and growth. the pen keeps us and will write for us even when its out of ink so it is good to take time away to refill. Know that we are family in spirit and in thepoetic realm and as you walk i, your brother, will always be with you...

we will definitely tear the house down from Genesis...

9. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +86
    The Lighthouse dims in your absence

Blak you will truly be missed, but I understand that you must do what you have to. So take your sabbatical for I know you shall return. Your style is second to none and you open up the mind to experience images that provoke new thoughts and ideas. we shall keep your space warm until you return, and if you lose your way coming back home....Just follow the beacon.

10. Watcher

Watcher Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Blak...Don't go!!! naw on the real side, I want to wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Be waiting for your return and new scibes from your new experiences.