Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Here we go again: Fight In Nail Salon -

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by IFE, Jul 15, 2017.

1. IFE

IFE going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,063
  2. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,063
    These Asian men don't seem to have a problem putting their hands on Black women.
    They must beat their own women daily.

We really gotta stop doing business with these people. It's gotten dangerous, imo. They, Asians, have become to familiar with us, to believe they can put their hands on Black women.

Like the purple hair was saying - she gone get him effed up. He probably will get a beat down.

I can't get in situations like that or my man, and maybe me, would be doing life for killing a sob. It ain't worth some nails and cheap hair products.

Boycott all Asian businesses.

3. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,063
  4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,540
    :bowdown:

5. ProperHopper

ProperHopper Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2
    Cutthroat business owners!

6. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,063
    An Asian and a Black man had a fight.....

7. Black Cypher

Black Cypher Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +44
    "Boycott all Asian businesses."

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! That's not going to happen. Who is going to fill the vacuum? Black people? Not hardly. Besides, black women are not going to stop the Koreans from sending their kids to college, funding Korean mortgages and filling their bank accounts by not buying wigs and weaves. IT AIN'T HAPPNIN"!

8. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,063
    And nails, pedicure, and eyebrows arched. Could easily drop $40-$60 one visit.

I've stopped patronizing the Koreans. Doing my own nails and pedi, my natural hair stylist arch my eyebrows.

I can't support a business that beats Black women.

9. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,063

IMG_3177.JPG
    DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE OVER 200 BLACK OWNED NAIL SALONS

With one easy stroll through any black community in America, you can effortlessly spot nail salons from corner to corner. It’s no surprise to many of us that most of these nail salons are owned by individuals who live outside of urban communities. These owners are predominately Korean-Americans.

And we love them, don’t we? Most Black women can’t get enough of their cheap prices for manicures, pedicures, full-sets, fill-ins and maybe even an eyebrow arch.

But not so far down the block, there is that lone nail salon owned by a Black woman. Often just a few dollars more expensive, most Black-owned nail salons offer added services like massages, hand wraps, versatile nail polish selections and swanky digs. And…. they are black! Yes, let’s be real in order to get our economic foundation together, we must seek out each other , for NO other reason than the color of our skin! Say what you want, but no one else is going to look out for US, BUT US!

Your challenge this month, during #nationalblackbusinessmonth is to patronize our/your people.

1. did you know there are over 200 black owned nail salons
      https://www.bbnomics.com/did-you-know-there-are-over-200-black-owned-nail-salons/ - 186k - Cached - Similar pages

DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE OVER 200 BLACK OWNED NAIL SALONS

DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE OVER 200 BLACK OWNED NAIL SALONS? Here they are at your fingertip! "Let the $'s circulate..." Billy Paul
      bbnomics.com

Aug 5, 2015 ... But not so far down the block, there is that lone nail salon owned by a Black woman. Often just a few dollars more expensive, most Black-owned ...

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  10. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,063
    Black African hair is not only “bad” hair: It is also radical as ****.

Here are three ways Black hair is punished — three reasons I refuse to apologize for mine:

1. Your company’s right to institute a dress/appearance code continues to take precedence over the way my hair naturally grows out of my head.

2. Hair is one of the litany of traits used to criminalize my children.
    A report from the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights proved that an uneven use of suspension and expulsion is mirrored across K-12, affecting Black children three times more than White students.

3. My hair is politicized and deemed an act of punishable resistance
    Embedded conspicuously in the kinks and curls of Black hair is a deep history of race, politics, power, and pride. America's acceptance of Black hair is conditional at best: It's only okay if it behaves itself, if it is “good hair.”

The United States Army itself cited its disdain for hairstyles like twists, dreadlocks, and cornrows, discouraging some and banning others outright.

From corporate culture, to school systems, to armed forces, to our own mirrors, comes the message that Black African hair is not only “bad” hair: It is also radical as ****.

The simple assertion that our chemical-free hair is not just okay, but beautiful, is seen in America as a refusal to lie down.

* 3 Reasons I Won't Apologize For My Black-Girl Hair | Ravishly
http://www.ravishly.com/2016/12/28/3-reasons-i-wont-apologize-my-black-girl-hair - 80k - Cached - Similar pages
May 5, 2016 ... Black people's hair is too tense for White America to EVER be comfortable. ... As a Black woman, and as a mother of two Black girls, what I am ...

3 Reasons I Won't Apologize For My Black-Girl Hair

Black hair, like Black identity, is diverse and nuanced, but it still stands out as different from White hair. The point is not that all Black hair needs to look the same, but that we share the experience of feeling pressure to alter our...
    ravishly.com