Black People : Here they go again...smh.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Monetary, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Published April 3, 2006
    [ From the LSJ.com ]

Prosecutors: Sergeant charged in shooting that sparked manhunt
    Midday update

Lansing State Journal

Eaton County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jeff Lutz was charged today with filing a false report in connection with a shooting that prompted a massive manhunt in Delta Township for a black male suspect.

In a stunning twist, Lutz faces two felony charges as well as two misdemeanor counts in the March 20 incident, according to the Eaton County prosecutor’s office.

The felony charges are filing a false report of a felony and shooting at an emergency police vehicle. The misdemeanor charges are filing a false report over a police radio station and reckless use of a firearm.

Lutz is expected to be arraigned Tuesday or Wednesday in Eaton County district court, Chief Assistant Prosecutor Mike Eagen said. He faces a maximum of four years in prison on the two felony charges. Eagen said the court also could order him to pay restitution.

Lutz was reportedly shot in the right arm shortly after 3 a.m. March 20 near the West Town Plaza. Police blocked off neighborhoods and conducted a massive search for a suspect.

St. Gerard Church shut down its school and canceled two morning Masses while police searched the area, including some parishioners’ homes.

“They were pretty frightened at the whole prospect that there might be a shooter running around,” said Father John Klein, St. Gerard’s pastor. “If people find out the whole thing was somehow fraudulent, that’s a pretty serious intrusion on people’s time and lives.”

The sheriff’s department also released to the media a composite drawing and detailed description of a suspect: a black man, about 6 feet tall with a muscular build, in his mid-20s, with light to medium complexion and pock marks on his face.

The mysterious man with a pock-marked face never existed, prosecutors say, and authorities have ended their search for a suspect in Lutz’s shooting.

“We’re pulling the picture that’s been out there for a couple of weeks, based on today’s events,” Eaton County Undersheriff Fred McPhail said, referring to a sketch-artist’s rendering of a suspect that has been plastered on walls and windows across mid-Michigan.

Lutz, who gave police the description of the suspect, remains on paid medical leave due to his injuries, McPhail said.

The Eaton County Sheriff’s Department on March 25 turned over the investigation to Michigan State Police to avoid any conflict of interest.

“In essence, they would have been investigating one of their own officers,” Eagen said.

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Hey Money,

I think I was in the area when this happened. I was attending a conference on the west side of town and the main thoroughfare was all blocked off with dozens of police cars as well as SWAT vans, with their lights flashing. I wondered what was going on. So this is what it was... :censored: Eaton County and nothing but a bunch of rednecks anyway. Why is it that white people always seem to get treated more respectfully than Black folk? (rhetorical question). So this guy who lied gets to still keep his paycheck while he's resting from his injuries? *smh*

You know the KKK is going to be at the Capitol, I believe, on Saturday, April 22nd. Community activists are trying to figure out an alternative event for Black folk to attend so there won't be any confrontations. I've never seen a racist dressed in his/her sheets before. I'm tempted, but not sure what I'm going to do. I've heard where Black ministers in the community actually sweep the steps of the Capitol after they leave.

Queenie :spinstar:

3. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

Hey Queen........honestly if you get a chance to see the Klan sheets and all...Grand lizards and whatnot....go see them.........it's an experience you'll never forget.....I've seen them on a couple of occassions in Mississippi at their little parades before when I was a young one..........I'll never forget it........it's a whole lot different than seeing them on TV and you get to see how cowardly and if they speak you'll see just how ignorant and truly stupid they are.........plus it's always a good thing to actually see and know your enemy in a setting other than open war

Red

4. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    You raise some excellent points, Bro. Sip. I think I'll see for myself what a person who is bold enough to be overt about their hatred for Black people, are truly made of. Do you think it's something I should expose my grandbaby to? She's 6 yrs old. What do you think?

Queenie :spinstar:

5. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

I'll put it this way.......personally I'm trying to keep my kids as innocent as possible for as long as possible the world we've created will have a very long time with which to f with their minds........so no I wouldn't ......I was around 11 or 12 when my Daddy took me to their parade and at 12 you're starting to understand things and have some sort of logical thought process where they can understand things like that on their own terms and not simply parrot what I'm telling them..........

Red

6. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    I would rather see them and watch them in all of their stupidity than to end up being surprised as a sheep reveals its true wolf nature.

7. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Great advice. I was feeling the same way about her "innocence" and thought that she'll learn soon enough.

Queenie :heart: