Black People Politics : ▶ Republicans, Dems and "Progressives" unite telling blacks "We'll never give you reparations."

40% of white people is more than 100% of black people. You do understand how percentages of populations work, right? The white population is 246,660,710 compared to 37,144,530 being our population. 40% of the White population is 98,664,284. That is almost three times our population. Do you now understand what I mean. Blaming Black people for any election on the national level is ridiculous. Unfortunately, it seems many of our people fail to realize just exactly how small our population is, and so have this unrealistic idea that they put Obama in office. No, White people put him in office.

I dont buy that our population is really that small or whites that large but thats another topic. My point as I said in the example is we play a part. If we dont play our part then its our fault. The polls show we didnt show up. Combined with people of color and whites that vote against these racists we end up hurting ourselves by not voting.

A block of votes which we have NEVER fully utilized

Yes, and our population growth compared to the population growth of the over all country remained at the same rate. So we never grew at a rate faster than the overall population, keeping us at 13%. Hispanics have grown faster, and even Asians too. We are actually outnumbered by Hispanics now. They have a population of 52 million compared to our less than 38 million population. There was a point in the recent past when we were the second most numerous people in the US, that is no longer the case. Guess who helped to make that a reality?

Many helped. But the bulk of the work was done by US

I dont buy that our population is really that small or whites that large but thats another topic. My point as I said in the example is we play a part. If we dont play our part then its our fault. The polls show we didnt show up. Combined with people of color and whites that vote against these racists we end up hurting ourselves by not voting.

We play a part, but it is no where near on the level some of you believe. A significant portion of the 77.35% population (White people) have to be convinced to vote for any candidate, and that has to also take into consideration the Electoral College. Even if every person of color voted for one candidate, we would still not win the election because of the Electoral College and the total population of people of color being less than 33% of the over all population. So like I said in the end, the people who truly elected Obama were White people, just like the people who Elected Trump were White people. In the end, the people who should be blamed for 45 is White people. Blaming our people or really any people of color is ridiculous, because all of us combined make up less than 33% of the total population. So stop it with this mess that it is our fault when a person becomes president that we do not want. We can try to help keep him out, but in the end it is up to White people to do that on the national stage.

Also, your unwillingness to believe our population is only 13% is because you probably live in one of the few places were we have a significant population (D.C., Baltimore, Atlanta, some other urban areas). The US is a huge country though, and there are significantly more areas where we are less than 1% of the population. You would be amazed at how many White people only see Black people via the media (News, politics, & entertainment). Their only impression of us being controlled by the images being projected about us.

There is defintely 3 there.

Lets address the first one. Your reason for invalidating it is because Obama is bi-racial. Thats not the category he selected in the census. He intentionally showed what was up by selecting African-american. Your excuse presents what I call the slippery slope fallacy. You cant very well use this as an excuse because we know some of the most dedicated freedom fighters have been bi-racial. Frederick Douglass, Booker T Washington, WEB Dubois, Ben Jealous to name a few. Black is much more than your percentage of African DNA. Black is an experience we share.

Second point. I can give you some leeway on this because you are correct. Its not Black-specific even though we benefit greatly from it. To counter that I would say Obama was not elected president of the Black people. He was elected as POTUS.

3rd point Your link is dated 2015 You gotta get some current info.

https://www.blackradionetwork.com/f...ification_of_black_farmers_settlement_process

So even if we are going by your count thats 1 more than you asked for.

I'm afraid I'm still not seeing any.

Going back to the first one--the "optics" you called it--yes, Obama may have scratched the "African American" box with the census, but that still doesn't make him black. His mother is white and his daddy is black. Black and white don't equal black but it equals bi-racial.

Black America never had a black president. Period.

The "optics" got certain people hyped about a bi-racial politician who did nothing for ordinary black people like myself and others.

You wrote:

Black is much more than your percentage of African DNA. Black is an experience we share.

Sounds fancy and very much philosophical, but black is not bi-racial. An "experience" don't make you black.

Returning to the second point, you wrote:

I would say Obama was not elected president of the Black people. He was elected as POTUS.

That's classic defense mechanism when someone asks for receipts. "Well, he wasn't for black people only, he was for ALL people...so that's why he didn't do ish for black people."

Finally, I introduced the article for you to see the low percentage of black farmers in the U.S. so Obama supposedly winning or helping in getting black farmers lawsuit settled is irrelevant.

Again, what did Obama do for ordinary black folk during his historic 8 years? Name one thing.

Many helped. But the bulk of the work was done by US

The bulk of the work was done by White people. It may hurt your self-image, but the truth is the truth. Obama was president because enough White people wanted him to be. Saying anything else is just self-delusion.

+98million > +32million

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back