Black People : Henry Louis Gates, arrested for entering his OWN HOUSE????????

I highly doubt that this is what he wanted, as you say....

Yes it is. I live in an affluent BLACK community. I don't have a problem with the police harassing me. And I have lost my keys and have had to break in to my own home setting off the alarm. When the police arrived they checked my driver's liscense and helped me get in. Why didn't they do this for Gates? I'll wait while you draw that up.

I read this article this morning and although I am dismayed by the police action, I am not surprised. Sadly, Henry Louis Gates acknowledges his Blackness when it is convient. Apparently, marring a white women does not hold the same status & protection that it used to, despite being employed at one of the most prestigious institutions in America.

Chuck:

While nobody is above criticism?

Notable these acts of targeting specific individuals, whereas the norm has become to treat some in our midst like they're 'loveable losers' and/or why such lawbreakers also get light sentences, etc.

I. e., said tactics aren't abritrary, whereas whether we react or respond to such unjusifiable attacks on some of our most beloved intellectuals etc. , may welll determine how next they target us too...

So, progressive sisters and brothers, be doubly cautious and wary, since it is the precedent--not the president--which white reactionary forces are anxious and desperate about--these days!

FYI...

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Some really good points here. But Gates was a victim of the following:

Cops can care less about negros, arrest or shot us, and a cop can be a hero!

MANASIAC,

Its a pleasure to have you back and posting again. Succinctly, you have hit the nail on the head, racial profiling...Peace In.

The Cambridge prosecutor has rightly chosen to drop all charges and offered an apology.

:toast:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back