Destee Network : Help

Hello Ajia,

I remember these days so well! What to charge a person for my work ... gosh ... I went round and round with this one. When I first started building web pages in 1997, I did it for free, gradually increasing my price as my eperience and expertise grew.

Okay, back to the issue at hand.

Since you already have experience making web sites, you probably have some idea regarding the amount of time it will take for you to complete this job. Count up the hours and charge accordingly.

If your portfolio is small and you'd like to have this job in it, then you may give them a better price so you can achieve this (though it sounds like they are already a client and this may not be a factor).

I've found that there is a wide range regarding both price and quality of work when it comes to web site development. With the price being relative to the quality of work (in most cases). You can probably do a little research on the web and see some designers/developers charging $200.00 for the entire project you've described. While $200.00 would not be enough for one page designed by Destee. Ultimately it comes down to what the client can afford. If he can afford quality, he'll pay for that. If he can't, well .. he'll pay for that too.

Here are some things I'd suggest you consider regarding this project.

The client is going to have;
- 16-20 images
- e-commerce
- 15 web pages
- content for web site is already created

You say 16-20 images and 15 web pages, so this is approximately an image per page? If that's the case the number of images would not make any difference (in my pricing). If they had a page that had all 16-20 images on it, then that would be different because you'd have the task of laying out those images in such a way that they are pleasing to look at and digitally optimized (with so many on one page, this would be very important).

With e-commerce there are so many factors that must be considered, the first being how many products are they selling. For example, if a client has 10 items he's going to sell, or if he has 100 items to sell, will make a big difference in what solution you provide and the amount of time you put into it. Do they have their own merchant account? If so, you'll have to set up a payment gateway for them (if they want real time processing). When breaking down the price of my work, e-commerce is done separately from the development of the static pages because things must be considered here that don't usually apply to the other areas of the site.

I've found too that it is better (for the site) if the client provides the content (the overwhelming majority of it) because they know this part (their business) better than I do. So again, providing the content would not make any difference (in my price).

I know my response is rather vague, not giving you an exact price to charge for this work. This is because I can't give you an exact price, as it must reflect your expertise and what you can do for them. Only you are able to determine that. As you do more sites and gain more experience, this part of your business will come easier and easier.

One last note, whatever you feel your time and effort is worth, don't be afraid to quote that price.

Hope this helps.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back