Black Spirituality Religion : HELP!

Naka

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 6, 2003
Because I have been the victim of blantant racism (in corporate America) in different situations (I did address them with the appropriate persons even though they didn't want to believe me); have been and continue to be disturbed by the obvious dislike many Caucasians have for people of color, especially of African descent, I was lead to confirm my assumption that Caucasians have been and continue to be threatened by Blacks. (From my experience as an adult, most seem to lie and cheat and make sure they come out "smelling" like a rose -- and make sure Black people "smell" like a skunk.) Exactly why I didn't know. I started reading books by Black authors to get a different perspective (I grew up in a small pred. white town and was not exposed to books by Black authors). Thus, I have now been reading Africans Who Wrote the Bible by Nana Banchie Darkwah, Breaking the Chains of Psychological Slavery by Akbar, Our Black Seminarians & Black Clergy Without a Black Theology by ben-Jochannan, The Isis Papers by Wesling, Miseducation of the Negro by Woodson, etc. I have also been able to gain further insight as to why Blacks in American will not stick together and/or support each other for our own causes.

I am a deep believer in our Creator and strongly agree that we have been miseducated about many things including our spirituality. My problem is I have found no one in my area (Indiana) to share what I have been reading. I am now pondering -- do I give up my church and find people that support what I believe and have been reading; if so, where do I go to find such a group of people? A couple of close friends seem leary of me when I share what I have been reading. I feel alone.

Can anyone out there relate?

Hello Naka ... and Welcome to our Family! :wave:

You say you can't find folk who will embrace what you are reading and thinking ... but oh my ... you have just joined a Family of 3000+ Sisters and Brothers that are more than willing to do just that! :) You are not alone anymore!

We have voice chat that is open 24/7 ... we have scheduled online classes that speak to so many different topics, all taught by Sisters and Brothers volunteering their knowledge to the community. Are you a Sister? We have a Sister Chat every Tuesday night @ 8 pm ET, and the whole time is spent on us uplifting, encouraging, and supporting each other!

I think most all Black folk have experienced some racism, discrimination, etc., in our lives. This community is here to help us heal, to be a refuge from all of that negative stuff that is bombarded upon us minute by minute! This is our place and you are now a part of it! Take full advantage, relax, get comfortable, and enjoy yourself.

I wouldn't suggest giving up those people in your life that you love, your church folk, that's a pretty major move and one that should not be done hastily. But you can have them and us! Welcome Home!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back