Help! My exercise routine ain't workin'!

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by IfUComeSoftly, Jul 26, 2003.

1. IfUComeSoftly

IfUComeSoftly Well-Known Member MEMBER

PD for a Non Profit
    Ratings:
    +12

2. Mahogany_Brown

Mahogany_Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome IfUComeSoftly!!!!..Hope u enjoy your stay..I was just wondering what type of exercises are u currently doing? You say its not your diet but what is your diet? I'm not a health expert but I do know a litte sumthin' about diet..

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    also sistah do join our sistah's in chat every tuesday night
    at 8 PM ET and share this with them surely they can and will
    help you and answer some of what u wish to know check them out and share this in chat at www.************/chat on tuesday's

what type of diet are you on and what work out are you doing
    it could be the wrong diet for you everybody not the same or act the same share with us what yours is so we can better understand and offer what knowledge we have to share with you on this .....!
    we are very happy u join us and sharing this and welcome to
    destee.com discussions

4. IfUComeSoftly

IfUComeSoftly Well-Known Member MEMBER

PD for a Non Profit
    Ratings:
    +12

5. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    Don't know if you got your answers yet, but I'll throw some comments in because I am a certified fitness trainer and know a lot about nutrition...

Your meals sound good - good stuff, and six small meals a day. I think the problem may be in your workouts. One hour of cardio is a lot, and an hour of weights can be too, depending on what you're doing.

I would go for 40-45 minutes 5 or 6 days a week on cardio. Vary it - do stairs one day, running the next day, biking the next day, etc. Most importantly, make sure you're working out at the proper intensity. I see many many people each day who are putzing through their workouts. You need to make sure your heart rate is getting up to 65-85 percent of it's maximum rate. To find that out, subtract your age from 220. ie if you're 25 your number would be 195. Then times 195 by 65 percent and then 85 percent. If you're not getting your heart rate between those numbers everytime you work out, you need to pick up the pace.

As for weights, do those 3 times a week. Make sure you have a structured workout routine and are doing the exercises correctly. A trainer can help you out.

Lastly, don't give up! It's quite typical to reach a plateau even if you're doing everything right. Instead of giving up and getting discouraged, keep on going with your workouts and healthful eating and pretty soon your body will kick back into gear again.

Good job, and way to take charge and make changes!! :)