Help me understand

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by Sekhemu, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    If a former membered is banned, are they allowed to return under a new user name?

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    most time they don't , but Destee can better express the correct answer to this .

often when one try to return under another name we can catch it and ban that name also
    sometime one or two slip by , is there someone who is banned here under another name ??

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Sekhemu ... a Member that has been banned can come back under another name. This has happened in the past and for the most part, one of the following happens:

1. They re-register letting us know that they were banned and don't appreciate it, and we ban them again. This cycle could go on and on.
    2. They re-register and that same behavior that got them banned the first time, gets them banned again.
    3. They re-register honoring the rules (we don't necessarily know that it's them) and we don't have future problems from them.

There are ways to make it more difficult for a Member to re-register, but we don't usually implement them, as none of them are full-proof. If a Member is bound and determined to come back, as another name, they will do that. This is usually an indication that they "really" want to be here, and if they're willing to abide by our rules, that's all we ask.

In regard to the person saying they were banned, i don't believe them.

Let me know if i've answered your question Brother.

:heart:

Destee

4. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    You've answered my question, I was under the impresssion that once a person is banned it's permanent, and that if they came back under a new S/N and admitted they were banned before than they would not be banned again.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. help me understand black names