Black Relationships : Help a Brother Out!

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Neb Akhu Ra, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Neb Akhu Ra

Neb Akhu Ra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14
    Hetep!
    Im Neb Akhu Ra. Im a twenty two year old, gainfully employed, dedicated, conscious, freedom minded brother who resides in upstate New York. I would like to meet some like minded sisters, about liberation and freedom, who are modest and down for their people. The problem i seem to encounter is that the sisters i meet are either way out of my age range, usually too old, or they take consciousness as some sort of fad or fashion, and they still want and cherish wetern/european values and lifestyles. (i.e consumeristic, womens lib, house in the burbs with a white picket fence, etc) My question to the family is what steps do you suggest to help a brother like me find a queen? Since none are available in my city, Buffalo, where should i look to find one? Or should i just find a regular sistah and try to help her develop consciouness?? Someone please help a brother out!!!

2. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    first of all don't be so desperate, lol. Not trying to sound mean, but women can sense when a man is desperate for someone, just like a man can since desperation in a woman. You sound like a fairly young cat so I wouldn't worry about it too much. One thing you don't want to do is try to "develop" someone. Case in point, a few weeks back I met this chick at a party and I must admit that I was really attracted to her physically, and there were aspects of her personality that I really liked also. Problem is she had some issues that are definitely what I'm not looking for. Now I could've seriously pursued this girl, but I know in the end that it would lead to A LOT of headaches for the both of us. So I just decided to be her friend and try to drop friendly advice every once in a while. If she gets things straight one day I'd definitely holla, but until then...................it's a no go. Don't settle and be patient.

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    well my brotha...good luck on that quest...
    in my opinion it is the holy grail u are after...

i suggest going to some poetry spots...that is the only place that i have seen conscious sisters...i'm not saying that is the only place...it's the only place i know

again...good luck and if you find someone let us know

one love
    khasm

4. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    ^^^Yeah I used to do the poetry spot thing a lot, but sometimes you gotta watch out for the so called "conscious" sisters and brothers, lol. In the words of Andre 3000 every cat with dreads ain't for the cause.

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    WORD IS BOND....

there are some plastic mofoz perpetrating in the poetry circuit..no doubt!

one love
    khasm

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    how far is it to brooklyn?

at your age i would suggest finding a way to get out of where you be and travel around.
    NYC got some of everything.